Looking for a package

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ismaili, Aug 19, 2012.

1. ismaili

ismaili New Member

I'm trying to become a driver for the second time. First time I didn't make it because of over allowed hours. Icame down to 1 hour the last 7 days. The sup told me that I spend too much time on the back looking for packages. How long do you drivers spend looking for a package and how often do u oregonize the truck.
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I spend 30 seconds or less looking for a package. My route is tight enough to where I can always go back if need be. I never sort the package car.
  3. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

Never Dave???? How about occasionally or almost never. Never during Peak, Dave????
  4. diadman

diadman New Member

The only way you can reach the ridiculous numbers they want is....
    Sort your air in am and find all ground to go with it.

After the run Stop and sort the whole car on your paid break ( I know this is not good but its the only way to make the 5 seconds you are allowed to select)

The loads hear are so bad
  5. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I'm about due for my wife to be looking for my package. It's almost two weeks.
  6. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

The only package in my future has Lands End stamped on it.
  7. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

In the Bubble of Goodness, the correct package leaps into your arms when you open the bulkhead door.
  8. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Take break and sort your truck a few times each day
  10. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I never sorted. I have no intention of doing it when I get back. I get paid good money to stand there and scream at the packages.

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Two weeks??!! At my age, if I waited 2 weeks, I'd forget where I left it!!
  12. jaker

jaker trolling

I sort before every new area , sort that area get it done pull over sort form the next one
  13. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I don't sort much at all eithe by we are talking to a newbie who is looking to make scratch. Taking 4 15 minute breaks to sort (eat a quick lunch while sorting) can save him a ton of time.
  14. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

If I were him, and trying to get qualified, I'd sort my lunch away. And, my break, and my dinner........ :winks:
  15. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

I try to organize, after my last air or before lunch.
  16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

17. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

I never sort either. I load my own package car so I SHOULD know where I put everything.
  18. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Take that back.
    I have to sort through this mornings catch. Will fillet the walleyes and let my son do the perch!
    Then I have to sort through the cooler and drink all the good beer and leave the rest for the wife and kids.
    Being on vacation is tuff!
  19. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Sort until you make book. The. Sort only when going to a new area and in the afternoon to look for misloads. Our center wants misloads sent in by 3:00.
  20. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Your suppose to only work out of you 1000 and 2000 sections. Your not suppose to walk into the back of the package car. Your suppose to open the door reach in or a take one step and grab hour next package. So if your not sorting your not following proper methods.

I find it hard to believe that when you move other sections to the 1000 or 2000 section that your not sorting.