Major seniority screw up

itsnotdigiorino

Hey everyone,
So I was just told on Wednesday that my sup found out on Monday that my seniority has been wrong.
Here's what happened. I was hired as seasonal in November 2014. This guy that was fired from another center was hired on as seasonal after me. When we were both rehired as permanent, his seniority ended up being higher than mine. I've asked many times why this was and finally pushed my sup to check into it. Turns out neither of us ever stopped working but my lay off date was put as a week after his. After figuring this out, they looked at when we put in our new applications and since I put mine in before his, my seniority is now higher than his. But it has taken 6 months for this to be figured out.
This was good news for me until I started to consider that this guy has been driving as a TCD since January when I should have had higher seniority than him and should have been the one driving.
My question is do y'all think there is anything I can do about this situation other than just grieving the last 10 days? I've been working preload and sometimes driving air everyday while this guy has been on road almost everyday since the new year.

Thanks in advance.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
You can grieve and hope. But most likely you won't win. I and about 10 other guys got screwed because incompetent HR screwed the seniority list. The local took it to panel and lost.

itsnotdigiorino

You can grieve and hope. But most likely you won't win. I and about 10 other guys got screwed because incompetent HR screwed the seniority list. The local took it to panel and lost.

Thanks for the reply. I'm also worried about retaliation. My sup is a pretty shady guy. He wasn't going to tell me about the seniority fix and even after he told me, he tried to tell me that I can't switch with the other guy until they found a replacement for me on preload.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thanks for the reply. I'm also worried about retaliation. My sup is a pretty shady guy. He wasn't going to tell me about the seniority fix and even after he told me, he tried to tell me that I can't switch with the other guy until they found a replacement for me on preload.
Your replacement on preload should be the TCD with less seniority than you. Problem solved.

itsnotdigiorino

Your replacement on preload should be the TCD with less seniority than you. Problem solved.

Exactly what I told him. I gave him two days to figure it out, mainly because my in-laws were in town. Then today he tried to tell me again that I'll be on preload again next week so I told him if that's the case I'll take it up with the union so that problem was fixed.

jbg77

Tcd is still pt here. Go to driving school and pass. Your inside time will bump him back if it works the same where you are.