Marjorie Taylor Greene Call for National Divorce

bacha29

Sure, let's have a divorce. First thing is red states stop getting federal money.

FparxFEagAE3Mk9
The succession nonsense comes up every few years from people who have no idea what those regions who secede would be faced with.
The would have to form their own government with it's own constitution . One that may or may not be recognized by other nations. Develop it's own banking system and currency. Backed by what? Who knows? Their own public healthcare and education system. They would be off the grid and have to build own electric power grid, internet and telecommunications systems. Their air, highway, rail and maritime networks would end at their borders. Federal property within their borders would have to be purchased from the US federal government. Their own military including a navy powerful enough to defeat a blockade of it's ports by the US Navy.

All federal support and programs would end. What means would they use to raise revenue ?
People like MTG saying this stupid stuff is pure political symbolism. She offers no process of any kind describing how to go about a secession or how to create a functioning new government...especially one that has to be done quickly.

I wonder if she were to succeed in creating a secession if she would believe that she's still entitled to her federal pension and healthcare.

TheDudeAbides92

It’s a great idea in theory but it won’t work for two reasons

A) it’s not a down the middle split it’s a divide for the most part between cities and rural areas so it’s not like you can draw a line north south or east west

B) the left and the rotten stinking federal government would never allow it because that means freedom and they want to control everyone

Therefore there will be civil war in the next 5-10 years. Guaranteed. History says there’s no peaceful resolution to this

Only way it could work is if a lot of people are gonna move

TheDudeAbides92

On the other hand…why should the left care if “red” America (another term I hate because red means communism so why the hell are we red) wants to go a separate way? We’re just a bunch of inbred uneducated idiots right? Shouldn’t they be happy to get rid of us. I know I wouldn’t care if there was a separate country for them that ran like California

The fact that the left was SO up in arms that mtg said this just shows what we already know…they want to subjugate everyone

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
On the other hand…why should the left care if “red” America (another term I hate because red means communism so why the hell are we red) wants to go a separate way? We’re just a bunch of inbred uneducated idiots right? Shouldn’t they be happy to get rid of us. I know I wouldn’t care if there was a separate country for them that ran like California

The fact that the left was SO up in arms that mtg said this just shows what we already know…they want to subjugate everyone
You raise some valid points. How do you see it working? Obviously Red States would no longer pay federal taxes or receive federal assistance. And I’m sure there are many in red states that would be fine with that, at least initially.

But do you think red states could pull it off? Would other countries have anything to do with the state’s outsize the union? Could these states provide security on their own? Would the red states form
A 2nd confederacy or would they be independent of each other as well? I you think Mexico would seize Texas? Could Texas repel such an attempt?

All in all, this theoretical idea tells me more than anything that the US is all about economics. The windfall for the federal government would e massive and I wonder if once “divorced” they wouldn’t really turn on the economic pressure against the red states. Pretty sure North and South Dakota would rethink their allegiances and turn blue before leaving. The sheer logistics keeps them in the fold. Arizona flirts with the idea but decides against it as well.

Anyway, I doubt there would be a civil war. Republicans would have to own all the DC power before they could make such a move because they’d need the military. I don’t see them having that any time soon. Hell, if it looked like it could happen, democrats would simply steal the elections (for real this time). All the claims of “stolen election” would sound like the same nonsense that has come out of MAGAWORLD and most would ignore it as such.🤣

TheDudeAbides92

You raise some valid points. How do you see it working? Obviously Red States would no longer pay federal taxes or receive federal assistance. And I’m sure there are many in red states that would be fine with that, at least initially.

But do you think red states could pull it off? Would other countries have anything to do with the state’s outsize the union? Could these states provide security on their own? Would the red states form
A 2nd confederacy or would they be independent of each other as well? I you think Mexico would seize Texas? Could Texas repel such an attempt?

All in all, this theoretical idea tells me more than anything that the US is all about economics. The windfall for the federal government would e massive and I wonder if once “divorced” they wouldn’t really turn on the economic pressure against the red states. Pretty sure North and South Dakota would rethink their allegiances and turn blue before leaving. The sheer logistics keeps them in the fold. Arizona flirts with the idea but decides against it as well.

Anyway, I doubt there would be a civil war. Republicans would have to own all the DC power before they could make such a move because they’d need the military. I don’t see them having that any time soon. Hell, if it looked like it could happen, democrats would simply steal the elections (for real this time). All the claims of “stolen election” would sound like the same nonsense that has come out of MAGAWORLD and most would ignore it as such.🤣
You lost me with all the republican democrat stuff. They’re on the exact same side they just have a different approach. Republicans give you the carrot democrats use the stick. And there’s no democrat states really other than New England there’s only blue cities

bbsam

Staff member
You lost me with all the republican democrat stuff. They’re on the exact same side they just have a different approach. Republicans give you the carrot democrats use the stick. And there’s no democrat states really other than New England there’s only blue cities
They may be the same but only one is bringing up divorce. And myself being from a deep blue state would welcome the emigration of many southern Illinois residents to Missouri and Kentucky should they so choose. I doubt many would go when the sheer gravity of the situation came to them.

Without a major party, do you think a civil war could really happen? Blue against Red, Blue probably wins easily. Blue + Red united against MAGAWORLD isn’t a civil war. It’s a slaughterhouse of small groups of angry and delusional individuals.

TheDudeAbides92

They may be the same but only one is bringing up divorce. And myself being from a deep blue state would welcome the emigration of many southern Illinois residents to Missouri and Kentucky should they so choose. I doubt many would go when the sheer gravity of the situation came to them.

Without a major party, do you think a civil war could really happen? Blue against Red, Blue probably wins easily. Blue + Red united against MAGAWORLD isn’t a civil war. It’s a slaughterhouse of small groups of angry and delusional individuals.
I think as the fed gets more and more abusive and elections matter less and less you will see states like Florida Texas and the rest of the south get serious about secession. But it could also be within states. For example there’s a part of rural Oregon that wants to join Idaho because they’re fed up with left wing Portland dictating the entire state. I’ve always felt my area of NJ should be a part of PA

TheDudeAbides92

Idk what you mean by magaworld either. I guess that’s Trump supporters which I am no longer…he’s shown himself to be a New York liberal and just an attention whore who stands for basically nothing but himself and what he thinks is popular