Maybe there is glimmer of hope for the USA after all.

Mutineer

that was from ralph nader radio hour

22% of american kids are poor!!! disgusting corporate greed

That's a factoid that would would not surprise me if it were true.

In California, housing insecurity is a major issue. The cost of housing is one thing. The ability to find something affordable that ISN'T fake or a scam is the other issue.

What to do if you're a working-poor couple and can't find housing? Crank out a kid and the State rolls out a red carpet with a Section 8 voucher. And YOU WILL get housing.

The more babies you make, the more benefits you get, the harder you are to evict, and the more housing security you have.

All those kids in Section 8 housing count as "poor."

I have step-sisters who are cranking out kids with any loser they can find to take that nasty bait just for the sole purpose to buy more time of housing security.

rickyb

That's a factoid that would would not surprise me if it were true.

In California, housing insecurity is a major issue. The cost of housing is one thing. The ability to find something affordable that ISN'T fake or a scam is the other issue.

What to do if you're a working-poor couple and can't find housing? Crank out a kid and the State rolls out a red carpet with a Section 8 voucher. And YOU WILL get housing.

The more babies you make, the more benefits you get, the harder you are to evict, and the more housing security you have.

All those kids in Section 8 housing count as "poor."

I have step-sisters who are cranking out kids with any loser they can find to take that nasty bait just for the sole purpose to buy more time of housing security.
america is a service sector economy and those are low paying jobs

if you dont believe it, look at unionization rate.

Mutineer

america is a service sector economy and those are low paying jobs

if you dont believe it, look at unionization rate.

From my vantage point, I agree.

But flopping on yer back and perpetuating the defective genes of druggies, drunks, crazies, gimps, idiots, and other ne'er-do-wells is quite profitable in California.

rickyb

From my vantage point, I agree.

But flopping on yer back and perpetuating the defective genes of druggies, drunks, crazies, gimps, idiots, and other ne'er-do-wells is quite profitable in California.
we have stuff liek that too where people pump out babies and cram them under one govt house and they get money from the govt.

on the other hand the birth rate in north america is at an all time low. probably cuz the economy sucks.