MIP factor?

And then you would not have to consider the MIP ... you wouldn't be getting anything.
Not even a raise in 2013 and probably 2014.
I'll get it eventually. That's not as good as some in management who keep getting what they call ten cents an hour in raises. I dont believe them but I've heard it many times in the last six years.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Wrong. We got a raise in Feb 2013.
Oh, yeah, the held back raise you should have got in August 2012.
My bad ... In my mind, I consider that a raise you got in August 2012 but UPS held it back ... sort of like the current situation with no raises until teh contract is totally approved.

jeepguy63

MIP - Probably 60% and we'll be told its a gift, that it should be zero. Big miss on every element.
Ridiculous goals that go with an "all volume at any price" strategy.
How does rev per piece increase when sure post volume increases 30% year over year? That and the trade down from premium products to slower, cheaper services. Both are market trends, documented in 2012.
Try as it may, UPS cannot change the market trend, it can only figure out how to meet the trend in a profitable way.
This mess at peak was 100% predictable in August.

The head of sales should resign or be fired. It's his job to grow the business in line with the strategy - the strategy is linked to the MIP elements. How does he sign new business that is above our processing capacity? How does he sign new business that deteriorates the results below the MIP targets?

The COO should resign or be fired. Today, he was able to articulate the problem, and "absolutely" commit to have it fixed in 7 months. His job is to make sure the operation is prepared to execute the company's strategy for the long term. So if the problem can be diagnosed and fixed in 15 days, where in the hell has he been?

In UPS fashion, we'll promote them both!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
MIP - Probably 60% and we'll be told its a gift, that it should be zero. Big miss on every element.
How does rev per piece increase when sure post volume increases 30% year over year? That and the trade down from premium products to slower, cheaper services. Both are market trends, documented in 2012.
Try as it may, UPS cannot change the market trend, it can only figure out how to meet the trend in a profitable way.
This mess at peak was 100% predictable in August.

The head of sales should resign or be fired. It's his job to grow the business in line with the strategy - the strategy is linked to the MIP elements. How does he sign new business that is above our processing capacity? How does he sign new business that deteriorates the results below the MIP targets?

The COO should resign or be fired. Today, he was able to articulate the problem, and "absolutely" commit to have it fixed in 7 months. His job is to make sure the operation is prepared to execute the company's strategy for the long term. So if the problem can be diagnosed and fixed in 15 days, where in the hell has he been?

In UPS fashion, we'll promote them both!

MIP is dying on the vine ... it is actually a demotivator at this point. Just a matter of time before it is eliminated below Level 20.

Obviously, the COO did not come up with the solution.
He will ensure it is implemented and executed.
A promotion for Myron would be to CEO - don't see that happening.

As for a Sales person, they could be promoted to Management Committee but no higher.
UPS is run by Accountants and Sales People and Accountants are mortal enemies.

island1fox

Myron is a good UPS'er , Qualified for his present job--will be considered for the first Black CEO .

I doubt that we have any future CEO that will control the weather country wide.

PhatAzz

Funny how no one on the front line will make their elements. I would sure like to see how the level 20 fare on the LTIP.
How can so many 1 and 2 unit MIP participants (supervisor and manager level) not make their golas. Entire Centers and Entire Divisions will "not make their element goals" yet everyone from Dist Mgr level and up will make their goals????

Hmmmm.......

Watch the stock price rise a little just before "the factor" is announced. THEN the stock price will drop before you even get the receipt.

Let the Package Center miss SPC like IE missed their projections.....................

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
And then you would not have to consider the MIP ... you wouldn't be getting anything.
Not even a raise in 2013 and probably 2014.
I'm betting my Excessive Overtime Grievances I earned last year and the year before were more than my On Road Supervisor's MIP from the same periods

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Myron is a good UPS'er , Qualified for his present job--will be considered for the first Black CEO .

I doubt that we have any future CEO that will control the weather country wide.
Myron is qualified but he simply is not a good fit for UPS CEO.
The next CEO could very well come from outside UPS.
The current Management Committee members are good, strong managers but are not strong in CEO qualities.
Dave might be the best in this area but he has other drawbacks.

island1fox

My contention is the weather certainly was a major component --hard to deny that ---other theories are only that --Fed x stopped Amazon early--Amazon dumped on UPS went way over mutually agreed to volume levels ---plans have to based on Volume projections --internal as well as customer estimates etc etc etc.