MIP

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by upsandDOWNS, Oct 5, 2010.

1. upsandDOWNS

upsandDOWNS New Member

Any rumors yet on MIP #

2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Yep ... lots of rumors

3. FracusBrown

FracusBrown Ponies and Planes

Rumor has it that all the targets were hit so the factor will be the target amount of 2.0. Under the old 15% of profit formula, the factor would be much higher.

4. UPSSOCKS

UPSSOCKS Well-Known Member

MIP is going to be nice this year. We made many gains and the score cards look good.

5. Casca

Casca Member

MIP around 2.65.........If its much less than that there will be a mass exodus of any supervisor holding a marketable degree due to lack of promotions, raises lower than inflation, poor pensions, poor medical benefits...etc etc etc.......

6. Monkey Butt

Your assumption is that there is a correlation between the two?

7. sosocal

sosocal New Member

I think 2.65 to 2.85 is about right....And yes I think corporate knows it is time to show a little luv to the partnership legacy.....

8. Monkey Butt

I agree and hope you are right.

I don't know that the Board will let them though ... time will tell.

9. FracusBrown

FracusBrown Ponies and Planes

There may be some degree of correlation, but it's not directly correlated. The pay out is subjective. The old formula was directly correlated to profit.

I suspect if all the targets are met the factor will be 2.0. For each target not met the factor is reduced by an equal percentage with the minimum factor being 1. No targets = 1. All targets met = 2. half of the targets met = 1.5.

The real question is do they establish the payout first, then base which targets were met upon how much they intend to spend or is it the other way around? Considering the MIP expense is planned in advance, it's likely the the amount is known and established in advance regardless of performance or targets met.

10. randomUPSISer

randomUPSISer New Member

Please tell me you arent still sticking around at UPS hoping the MIP will be that high? The only way UPS will adjust how its treating people is if all those people DO leave the company. Kinda a catch 22 there obviously since you no longer care how things are after you leave.

11. randomUPSISer

randomUPSISer New Member

I think you are accurate right there. The board will never allow MIP to be higher than planned in terms of cost. It'll certainly allow it to be lower though. Thats all money that could be reinvested or returned to the stock holders. All MIP does is dilute the stockholders shares. If the board of directors primary responsibility is to the stock holders, (and btw, it is just like at all public companies) then MIP will forever be doomed to being "as little as possible".

12. deleted9

deleted9 New Member

Anybody ever wonder why the stock always seems to go up just before they announce the MIP......

13. Monkey Butt

I think last year was the only time this did not occur.
    No, we never wondered but we did notice. :wink2:

14. fxdwg

fxdwg Member

15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I'm sure it wasn't because of the We Love Logistics campaign.

16. Monkey Butt

Safe bet.

17. thessalonian13

thessalonian13 Active Member

What is MIP?

18. Monkey Butt

Management Incentive Plan - Part of the total compensation package for Full-time UPS management

19. BURMDPsupe

BURMDPsupe Member

My guess is 2.49.

M-

20. Mr Jingles

Mr Jingles Rat out of a cage

Which is all any of us can do - guess.
    There is no rhyme or logic to the actual MIP factor anymore.