Missed a call after my driver helper interview.

snarts

I had a driver helper interview today and two hours after I was finished received a phone call. However I was in the hospital with my mom who was getting a operation on her foot so I had it turned off. I wasn't expecting a phone call so soon (maybe they really liked me?) and I tried calling back but it seems to be one way. Does anyone have advice on what I should do?

clean hairy

Do you think telling them about my mother's operation would be a good idea? I don't want to look like I'm making up excuses.
You are stating a fact and are inquiring about what the call was about.
You can show them you tried to call back and were unable to reach anyone.
Others may have better thoughts, but this is what I would do if I were in your position.

rod

Retired 22 years
Do you think telling them about my mother's operation would be a good idea? I don't want to look like I'm making up excuses.

You are over thinking this whole thing. If you actually want to be a driver helper this year the chances are good you can be one----not many people do now days. Go in and tell them what happened.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I had a driver helper interview today and two hours after I was finished received a phone call. However I was in the hospital with my mom who was getting a operation on her foot so I had it turned off. I wasn't expecting a phone call so soon (maybe they really liked me?) and I tried calling back but it seems to be one way. Does anyone have advice on what I should do?
Call back tomorrow son and make sure you brush your teeth before you go to bed sonny lmfao. On da real, your good. call them tomorrow morning and first see what they wanted before you drop the dillio on what really happened, they may not even ask. Criminal Lesson 101- NEVER DROP THE BEANS UNLESS YOU HAVE TOO lmfao
200DCJVJIQY.gif

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Tell them your phone was off; don't need to give a reason. It's not a sin, or a crime to have your phone off.

Many times mine will be off from Fri. night to Mon. morning. Sometimes.... I even leave the house w/o it.

images

wetleg

It was probably to complete your HR paperwork online. Go login and look.

And yes they need driver helpers like crazy. Most are unreliable and drivers have to send them packing. You'll get a second chance for sure. Now if you don't pick up on that one, you might be screwed.

J

jibbs

So if they didn't leave a message and your phone was off, how do you know UPS called?

But yeah, just show up, tell whoever you need to what happened and hope for the best. All you can do, really... Checking that digital paperwork like wetleg said is probably a smart idea, though.

snarts

It was probably to complete your HR paperwork online. Go login and look.

And yes they need driver helpers like crazy. Most are unreliable and drivers have to send them packing. You'll get a second chance for sure. Now if you don't pick up on that one, you might be screwed.
Oh wow, I had no idea. I went and completed that right away.

I also went to the location and was barely able to talk to a supervisor. I told him I had a interview then got a phone call that I missed. All I was able to get out of him was to come back at 7 am on monday and nothing else. He just kept repeating 7 am even when I asked him what for.

upschuck

Oh wow, I had no idea. I went and completed that right away.

I also went to the location and was barely able to talk to a supervisor. I told him I had a interview then got a phone call that I missed. All I was able to get out of him was to come back at 7 am on monday and nothing else. He just kept repeating 7 am even when I asked him what for.
To get uniform and training?

If he told you to be there at 7am, and you want the job, be there at 7am. This is their peak time for hiring everyone, and probably don't have much extra time.