Missed a call after my driver helper interview.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by snarts, Nov 18, 2015.

1. snarts

snarts Member

I had a driver helper interview today and two hours after I was finished received a phone call. However I was in the hospital with my mom who was getting a operation on her foot so I had it turned off. I wasn't expecting a phone call so soon (maybe they really liked me?) and I tried calling back but it seems to be one way. Does anyone have advice on what I should do?
  2. rod

rod retired and happy

They didn't even leave a message? Are you sure you want to work for a low-life company like that?
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Wait for them to call you again.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. AirOnTrace

AirOnTrace Allergic to cardboard.

Nothing you can do now, bro. That was your shot. Say goodbye to the riches, the chicks... the life.
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

6. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Go back in the next day and let them know what happened.
  7. SaladTosser

SaladTosser Member

In my hub HR will never pick up the phone. Best shot you got is to email em, if you were wise enough to get their address.
  8. snarts

snarts Member

Do you think telling them about my mother's operation would be a good idea? I don't want to look like I'm making up excuses.
  9. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

You are stating a fact and are inquiring about what the call was about.
    You can show them you tried to call back and were unable to reach anyone.
    Others may have better thoughts, but this is what I would do if I were in your position.
  10. rod

rod retired and happy

You are over thinking this whole thing. If you actually want to be a driver helper this year the chances are good you can be one----not many people do now days. Go in and tell them what happened.
  11. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  12. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Call back tomorrow son and make sure you brush your teeth before you go to bed sonny lmfao. On da real, your good. call them tomorrow morning and first see what they wanted before you drop the dillio on what really happened, they may not even ask. Criminal Lesson 101- NEVER DROP THE BEANS UNLESS YOU HAVE TOO lmfao200DCJVJIQY.gif
  13. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

I wouldn't worry. HR here is getting on their hands and knees begging for helpers.
  14. snarts

snarts Member

Thanks guys

I will call human resources first thing in the morning then head right out to their location.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

Tell them your phone was off; don't need to give a reason. It's not a sin, or a crime to have your phone off.

Many times mine will be off from Fri. night to Mon. morning. Sometimes.... I even leave the house w/o it.

16. wetleg

wetleg New Member

It was probably to complete your HR paperwork online. Go login and look.

And yes they need driver helpers like crazy. Most are unreliable and drivers have to send them packing. You'll get a second chance for sure. Now if you don't pick up on that one, you might be screwed.
  17. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

So if they didn't leave a message and your phone was off, how do you know UPS called?

But yeah, just show up, tell whoever you need to what happened and hope for the best. All you can do, really... Checking that digital paperwork like wetleg said is probably a smart idea, though.
  18. snarts

snarts Member

Oh wow, I had no idea. I went and completed that right away.

I also went to the location and was barely able to talk to a supervisor. I told him I had a interview then got a phone call that I missed. All I was able to get out of him was to come back at 7 am on monday and nothing else. He just kept repeating 7 am even when I asked him what for.
  19. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Getting in their knees...what are you trying to say here
  20. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

To get uniform and training?

If he told you to be there at 7am, and you want the job, be there at 7am. This is their peak time for hiring everyone, and probably don't have much extra time.