tapatio75

what about:

-does your truck fly?
-excuse me?
-yeah, does your truck fly?
-huh?
-do you speak english? (Im mexican)
-yes
-do you remember the DHL ad where the truck flies?
-ah yes, (had no idea what was he talking about)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was making a drop box pickup yesterday when this lady approached me. "Sir", she said. "How can I help you?" "Yes, I want to let you know that I saw one of your drivers make a left turn yesterday" "Excuse me?" "Yeah, I saw him make a left hand turn and I know that you're not supposed to." "Have a nice day, ma'am." "What, you don't have a sense of humor? I'm a Teamster, too." "Have a nice day." Idiots.

ups1990

Had a person ask me, did I tell you my vasectomy story?
I responded(laughing) no!
Yeah, I forgot to clean up the area before the procedure and thought, the doctor would take care of it. He walks in, no shaving cream, no hot towels, no hot water, no bedside manners. This is when I walked away, thou laughing all the way to my truck. I'm always amazed as to what folks will share with drivers.

JL 0513

"What is it?"

It's amazing how many actually think we know what's in their package.

As for a lot of what I hear...
I love all the usual weather small talk.

"Stay dry!" (meanwhile, there's a guy building an ark across the street)

"Stay cool" (it's 95 degrees out and I'm lifting heavy packages- are you kidding me?)

"You have air conditioning in your truck?" (Oh sure, goes well with my Bose stereo and leather seats).
My actual response to this one is..."I don't even have power steering a radio, or automatic transmission".

elo

Trying to figure out where they hid the body.
As a PM PCS I get some amazingly funny calls from customers. At least once a night I have a call asking to track a package with no tracking number or customers who don't know their address, but the best lately was the woman who wanted to know why a driver refused to open her keypad controlled gate to deliver her ipad. She saw him on her surveillance camera, but wouldn't let him in. She tried to get all involved fired after the second attempt. That thing was RTS'd before the driver made it to the diad room the next day.

kevingcp

We ship a lot of wine here as we have a booming wine industry, around this time I get tons of calls as Mid-Day PCS stating that I've ruined people's lives because they weren't home to sign for their wine club shipments.
Is it really that hard to drive to the store and buy a $5 bottle of wine?! Frickin alcoholics man.

gingerkat

I'm sure this has been mentioned on this thread before but… today I got "well who is it from?" I just smiled and handed her the package.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Last Friday night I treated myself to dinner at a local Chinese restaurant. I was still in uniform which knew may be an issue but I just didn't feel like going to home to change and then going back out. No sooner did I sit down with my first plate (it was a buffet) and the lady sitting in the next table blurts out "So, are you ready for the busy season?" I tried to ignore her but when she said it again I asked her where she works. She asked why and I said I wanted to go there and ask her silly questions while she was trying to eat.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's just rude. I guess that's must be a Yankee thing. Down here in the south we would say yes ma'am it's our busy season.

If I were working and making a delivery to her I most certainly would have smiled and answered her question.

When I am sitting there, trying to eat my dinner, whether in uniform or not, don't bug me with stupid questions.

rod

Retired 22 years
Last Friday night I treated myself to dinner at a local Chinese restaurant. I was still in uniform which knew may be an issue but I just didn't feel like going to home to change and then going back out. No sooner did I sit down with my first plate (it was a buffet) and the lady sitting in the next table blurts out "So, are you ready for the busy season?" I tried to ignore her but when she said it again I asked her where she works. She asked why and I said I wanted to go there and ask her silly questions while she was trying to eat.

Why don't you just get a flashing neon sign that says "I'm a jerk---leave me alone"?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

​Curmudgeon much?