Moving up will I have to drug test?

momolita

Okay so I am not a big druggy or anything but I do smoke mj. I have been with USP for 5 years and worked as a pt Clerk for a bit now the want to move me to sup or responder. But I am wondering if I would have to test for any of these positions. Does anyone know if either of these are full time. I was told only full timers had to drug test. I just want a heads up so I can stop smoking if it need be. Thanks

Nimnim

The Nim
Ok guys, go easy...

There's always a chance of being drug tested, but I don't believe either position you listed requires it to get there or has a regular testing of sorts.

Also if either of the positions were full time you'd know it before you have to accept.

Nimnim

The Nim
Thanks...
I didn't know if to ask this on here or not... much apreciation

There's never a guarantee you won't be tested, but at least as an hourly you have 1 "get our of jail free card." If you're going to be tested and know you will fail, stop them admit to having a problem and ask for help. You'll be put into rehab and be subject to regular testing for the rest of your employment.

I'm also not 100% sure this works everywhere, so it's always best if you stop your drug use. We all have vices, but not all are illegal.

raceanoncr

Okay so I am not a big druggy or anything but I do smoke mj. I have been with USP for 5 years and worked as a pt Clerk for a bit now the want to move me to sup or responder. But I am wondering if I would have to test for any of these positions. Does anyone know if either of these are full time. I was told only full timers had to drug test. I just want a heads up so I can stop smoking if it need be. Thanks

Anybody can get tested if there is "probably cause". You know what that is.

As for your possible change in positions, it probably is not required. Having a "responder" on duty, tho, that is a little, uh, well, you know...WHACKED OUT is a little disconcerting to me.

"I just want a heads up so I can stop smoking if it need be." This statement, also, kinda freaks me out. "...if it need be". Come on, you need a job change to tell you that?

You state you been with USP for about 5 years. Maybe you got the wrong forum, there, Cheech. This is for UPS.

OptimusPrime

I am all for legalization. Pot is no worse than alcohol,etc. But I hate the stance the management at my hub has taken on stoners. They are so worried about retention/cost of training new hires(which is a joke, no one gets proper training anymore) fools will show up smoked outta their gourd. And they just send them home. That's a stoners wet dream. To not have to work. Yet the rest of us have to man up and deal with being understaffed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am all for legalization. Pot is no worse than alcohol,etc. But I hate the stance the management at my hub has taken on stoners. They are so worried about retention/cost of training new hires(which is a joke, no one gets proper training anymore) fools will show up smoked outta their gourd. And they just send them home. That's a stoners wet dream. To not have to work. Yet the rest of us have to man up and deal with being understaffed.

Last time I checked drug dealers don't take IOU's so how are these stoners paying for their pot?

brett636

in the decade I worked inside my hub I only knew of a handful of people who were drug tested, and that was people who management was suspicious of using drugs. Going into work obviously high/drunk is not a good idea, but to get randomly checked for drugs is a very remote possibility. Not impossibility, but just highly improbable.

dillweed

OK, here's my take on the whole thing. If OP smokes a bit of pot but makes it to work and does a good job so be it and it's fine with me. Maybe not management...

I say start pee testing those folks lined up for welfare. Assistance is good where needed but folks need to be held responsible for their actions. Can you all imagine the money saved if benefits were cut from druggies? Problem is, they would have to get the money somewhere, crime would run rampant and there would be one heck of a mess. Public assistance keeps them under control and content for a month at a time. In their defense, there are no jobs and many of them were brought up in the vicious cycle of unemployment and irresponsibility. Very complicated and expensive.

BTW to OP. We stopped smoking because it just too expensive and not worth the risk. If you have an accident on many jobs, you are pee tested. If you need to get a job, you are pee tested. Not worth the stress. Just give the stuff up, have that money for the necessities and be free of it. Do we still want the stuff, heck, yes. Do we sometimes dream of lighting up a big fat one, yes. But we're getting along without it. For your own sake, give it up.

menotyou

bella amicizia
OK, here's my take on the whole thing. If OP smokes a bit of pot but makes it to work and does a good job so be it and it's fine with me. Maybe not management...

I say start pee testing those folks lined up for welfare. Assistance is good where needed but folks need to be held responsible for their actions. Can you all imagine the money saved if benefits were cut from druggies? Problem is, they would have to get the money somewhere, crime would run rampant and there would be one heck of a mess. Public assistance keeps them under control and content for a month at a time. In their defense, there are no jobs and many of them were brought up in the vicious cycle of unemployment and irresponsibility. Very complicated and expensive.

BTW to OP. We stopped smoking because it just too expensive and not worth the risk. If you have an accident on many jobs, you are pee tested. If you need to get a job, you are pee tested. Not worth the stress. Just give the stuff up, have that money for the necessities and be free of it. Do we still want the stuff, heck, yes. Do we sometimes dream of lighting up a big fat one, yes. But we're getting along without it. For your own sake, give it up.

There are generations of welfare rats in Watertown. Pee-test should be mandatory. Soda tax a must. A prepared list of foods that you can buy on food stamps. If you want Ho-Ho-'s, work for them. If you get assistance of any kind, you MUST work for it. I don't care if you pick up trash in the local park, get off your butt.
If you get SSI, monthly pee-tests are mandatory. If you go to rehab and the fail a test, you are cut-off! No more 15 trips to rehab a year cuz you need a break.

If I sound harsh, it is because of the crap I see every time I go to Aldi's at the beginning of the month. If I sound harsh, it is be cause of the carts cashing out at Price Chopper get cheap gas and free food. If I sound harsh, it is because of the tons of people who figure out how much they can and can't make each year to hit the Earned Income Lottery. If I sound harsh, it is because of the child factories who collect the tax credit every year. If I sound harsh, it is because the food banks are empty because a few think of them as their personal grocery stores.

Sorry for the rant.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with you on the soda tax. As far as the Ho-Ho's, I generally only have enough energy for one Ho at a time.

I deliver to our Social Services (Welfare) office. I generally don't make eye contact with the clients as I don't want them to see the resentment in my eyes. There are people who genuinely need temporary assistance and work very hard to turn their lives around. There are also the generational welfare people who grew up on welfare, will live on welfare, and will be buried courtesy of the taxpayers.

I did happen to notice one of the clients had a smart phone--hell, I don't have a smart phone.

washington57

I have sympathy for people on welfare of any kind. It doesn't matter what the reason is or what they have. It is their choice to waste it then so be it.

With that being said I think there should be a limit for how long they can be on them. Maybe 2-3 years if single. 5 if you have kids.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have sympathy for people on welfare of any kind. It doesn't matter what the reason is or what they have. It is their choice to waste it then so be it.

With that being said I think there should be a limit for how long they can be on them. Maybe 2-3 years if single. 5 if you have kids.

You have sympathy for people who have the ability to work but simply don't want to? You have sympathy for people who have kids simply to get more money? You have sympathy for people who stand outside convenience stores trying to sell their food stamps so that they can buy beer or cigarettes? You have sympathy for people who are wasting your tax dollars?

washington57

You have sympathy for people who have the ability to work but simply don't want to? You have sympathy for people who have kids simply to get more money? You have sympathy for people who stand outside convenience stores trying to sell their food stamps so that they can buy beer or cigarettes? You have sympathy for people who are wasting your tax dollars?

I have sympathy for all of them except for the ones having children. Wasting my tax dollars? Maybe. They go right out and spend that money and put it back into the economy. I know my taxes will be misspent by the government no matter what.

I have known a lot of good people on foodstamps.

The ones having children have no excuse. This will sound very harsh but those children should be taken away from the parents and put into an orphanage. The parents should have to do hard labor/prison time. Anyone who has a child that they can't provide for should be put into prison. With modern birth control just being handed out like it is no one has any legit excuse for having kids they can't provide for. excuses like "oh i was drunk" should be the same as a DUI. and a felony on your record.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The program was designed to help people get back on their feet......not to keep them for years.

Sometimes people need help because of job situations......As a young married, we used foodstamps for a couple months when a layoff happened at Massey Ferguson Co. It happens. But, the idea is to be looking constantly for a new job.....any job.....so that you can start bringing in $$$ and stop the assistance. It should never have been extended past 26 weeks. If worse comes to worse, mow lawns, shovel snow or whatever can earn some money. Some people get the attitude that a job is beneath them. Work is work......just do it and get paid.