My, oh my!

over9five

Staff member
Ughh, and how do we get rid of the privacy crap information so we don't have to wade thru it every time we want to read UPS Discussions? Can we dismiss it somehow?

oldngray

nowhere special
I agree. That privacy text at top of forum page is annoying. It should have a link to click you read it and agree then it goes away.

BlackCat

Our forum has been converted from vbullletin to xenforo due to an unpatched security hole in vbulletin:

vBulletin.com Hacked, Customer Data Stolen

Password hack of vBulletin.com fuels fears of in-the-wild 0-day attacks

That vbulletin exploit is now being offered for sale by a well known hacker group. Vbulletin's consistently terrible customer support has not yet provided a security patch or any real info to their customers about what happened or how we can protect our sites. Every forum run on their platform may now be vulnerable.

A member of the staff from xenforo forum was hired to perform the actual database conversion and he also installed a much better search engine for the new forum.

I didn't explaining this on the public side until after the forum had been converted because I didn't want to alert wanna be hackers to the potential security hole.

I apologize in advance for the inconvenience but it seemed better than leaving the site vulnerable to hackers.

I run a few websites running xenforo so if you need help let me know.

One thing I suggest is to enable APC and use something like maxcdn. Right now the site is INCREDIBLY slow.

Last edited: