Need you to take -- stops off 'so and so' ...

ncupser82

Yes. That's exactly what it is, a list of people that do not want to work more than 9.5 hours in a day. If you go over that 3 days in a week, you file on it, get paid more for every minute over 9.5 hours you're out.

If you want to be put on the list in your center, just call 867-5309, and put in a request to be put on the list.
Just went on the list, but they are stubborn sob's so looks like I'm going to make a little extra for a couple of weeks. Of course my center doesn't have enough guys on the list so they probably will just rather pay me than move the work...I can't wait for this new contract, the language is much better and adds leverage for the driver!

Sent using BrownCafe App

some1else

Banned
True because I've seen guys with 25+ years of seniority get sent back out after they've returned. Only during peak though, I wasn't aware they can still send you back out. What about if you punch out are they still able to?
I have a grievance pending on this. I was punched out and snagged and sent back out. My grievance is becuase i "reported to work" and was not given my 8 hour gurantee. I worked 12.5 hours but had punched out at 10hrs so only got 2.5hrs of my 8hrs for my second report!

They where not impressed with grievance but i might get lucky and be paid i think an abitrator could see it my way

some1else

Banned
Still the same dilemma.
Your management hardly represents "the company".
Every management team is different.
Every employee that reports to "your" management interprets that team's actions and decisions differently.
Not trying to be difficult but one thing I have come to realize is that at the crux of every perception and evaluation is the relationship amongst individuals and therefore UPS, them. UPS, etc. has no real meaning.

You were going there so I think we essentially agree.
That is Symbolic interactionalism
  • "Humans act toward things on the basis of the meanings they ascribe to those things."
  • "The meaning of such things is derived from, or arises out of, the social interaction that one has with others and the society."
  • "These meanings are handled in, and modified through, an interpretative process used by the person in dealing with the things he/she encounters."

http://www.amazon.com/Symbolic-Interactionism-Perspective-Herbert-Blumer/dp/0520056760/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393875978&sr=8-1&keywords=blumer symbolic interactionis
Read and be even more confused; its one of those things the more you think about the less sense it makes. But youre quote is pretty much dead on that theory

Btw dont spend too much time on that i have a sociology ma and am just still driving a brown truck!

Last edited:

FilingBluesFL

Just went on the list, but they are stubborn sob's so looks like I'm going to make a little extra for a couple of weeks. Of course my center doesn't have enough guys on the list so they probably will just rather pay me than move the work...I can't wait for this new contract, the language is much better and adds leverage for the driver!

Sent using BrownCafe App

I was filing grievances all through the year...

They're not stubborn... just stupid.