Never received my $0.70 raise?

saintrick

I give up, you refuse to read my question and then answer it. You keep bringing up the GWI which has nothing to do with the question. Please read this sentence:
They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance
with Article 41, Section 2 below.

If what you are saying is true that Article 41 Section2(C) means that you stay at the old wage incerases, then why have the above sentence in the contract?
This sentence:
with Article 41, Section 2 below

Is what specifies that
Article 41 section 2 of the prior agreement shall remain in effect.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Article 41 section states you are entitled to the GWI raise while in progression.

Article 41 section 2 states progression time based on seniority date.
If that statement is not in the contract they could turn around and say the .70 cent raise is it and would not receive the progression raise. While in progression drivers will receive the GWI increase and when the progression raise takes effect you will receive the difference between your current rate and the next progression raise.
You will receive two smaller raises during the year instead of one larger raise.
Sorry cannot explain it any other way

upschuck

Was wi.derind as a 25 year emoloyee will I get my 70 cent raise and when its not on this check:(
thG171MBO6.jpg
thWPSPGULE.jpg

thCW91LTXR.jpg

T

Turdferguson

Dont know about your part of the country but here those are called folder cabinets and that looks like an ice pick from where i am sitting

Sent using BrownCafe App

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Sorry, again you didnt answer the questions. I want to know why its there.
I'm at the end of a 12 hour day so its time for bed. I will check later to see if you answered my question
Tell me about the rabbits again Quigley, tell me about the rabbits.

T

Turdferguson

Is that the paper we fill out when UPS has violated our contractual rights?

Sent from my SCH-I110 using BrownCafe mobile app

Quigley

You did not attain seniority until after August 1, 2013. This is required in order to receive the GWI.

You did enter the job prior to 8/1 is why you get the three year progression.
How can you say he is on a 4 year progression when it comes to the GWI, but then he is on a 3 Year progression when it comes to wage increases. That make sabsolutely no sense. By the way his seniority date July 2013

Quigley

I bring it up because if it where not in contract, then they would only get the GWI. Now you get a bit more money with the GWI and the progression wage, and not just one increase. Section 2(c) is considered part of section 2.
Ok either I'm just not being clear or you will not answer. Let me try this another way. In the context that this sentence is in the contract,
with Article 41, Section 2 below.

Please tell me what you think this sentence means.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was hired on 7/23/13, and I gained my seniority on 9/5/13. I was told since I was hired before Aug 1st that I would be under the old progression and I would be entitled to the $0.70 raise and retro check. Well everyone else in my center received their raid on 4/25/14, but I have not. Am I missing something here?
You're missing the part where instead of talking to your steward...you posting about it on the internet.

saintrick

How can you say he is on a 4 year progression when it comes to the GWI, but then he is on a 3 Year progression when it comes to wage increases. That make sabsolutely no sense. By the way his seniority date July 2013

When you attain seniority and your seniority date are two different things.

saintrick

Not in my local. Your seniority date is the first day of the 30 days in a 120 day period.

Yes, but you do not attain that seniority until the 31st day (some areas vary).

In order to qualify for the GWI you must attain seniority before Aug 1.
In order to get the three year progression you must have entered the job prior to Aug 1.

He entered the job before Aug 1 but attained seniority after Aug 1 .
What don't you understand?

upschuck

It means to look in section and find part that applies to appropriate circumstance. In this case it says that they remain in the old progression41.2 (c). What do you think it means? ok, I think I know where you are coming from now. The only thing I can't reconcile is the preface that says after aug 1. How do you get pass that part.

I don't agree with you, but I don't think you are whacked out now either.

Quigley

Yes, but you do not attain that seniority until the 31st day (some areas vary).

In order to qualify for the GWI you must attain seniority before Aug 1.
In order to get the three year progression you must have entered the job prior to Aug 1.

He entered the job before Aug 1 but attained seniority after Aug 1 .
What don't you understand?
Assuming his supplement is the same as mine. It doesnt matter if he attained seniority after Aug 1 because once you work 30 days in a 120 day period your seniority date is the first day of the 30. What is it you dont understand about that.