New branding!

MAKAVELI

Most indications point to ground transitioning to employee status under express. We finally get to meet.
I still don't understand the friction between express and ground divisions. Fred probably wants it like that.
Divide and conquer. It's been his #1 tool for keeping the teamsters out of Express.

FedGT

Most indications point to ground transitioning to employee status under express. We finally get to meet.
I still don't understand the friction between express and ground divisions. Fred probably wants it like that.
That statement doesn't make sense to me at all. I am sure it depends on what side of the spectrum you want to look at but they make way too much money and too much margin to abandon contractors. Along with the fact of requiring everyone to get to ISP standards then taking everything from every contractor, you think there were lawsuits before, 100% unity across the nation would not be good for them.

MAKAVELI

That statement doesn't make sense to me at all. I am sure it depends on what side of the spectrum you want to look at but they make way too much money and too much margin to abandon contractors. Along with the fact of requiring everyone to get to ISP standards then taking everything from every contractor, you think there were lawsuits before, 100% unity across the nation would not be good for them.
What recourse do you have for them ending your contract?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
OMG WTF BBQ SAUCE, say it isn't so! I like straightlining from the barn to my home at HD. The calltags or resis pickups and Driver Exceptions i do can be processed the next morning when i head in for the AM van service audit.

I didnt like ground because you have to do commercial pickups then head back to the barn.

express airmail can stay separate since they have their own network~deadlines to the airports.

Who started this rumor ?

Exec32

That makes no sense. The profit they make even with the lawsuits etc. are far more lucrative than what you suggest.
There are only 2 competitors. Supply and demand rules. X would have enjoyed a bigger share of the market by combining services creating density and efficiencies, while splitting the market. This does create money, now I will agree the IC model by its self is more profitable from a monetary perspective to some degree, however it has cost them with overall market share and intangibles like brand protection. That comes at a real cost.
Look, what will Fedex have to do to get everything it needs to satisfy all regulations, protect its brand, satisfy customer demands, allow X to utilize and deploy evolving technologies for the long term viability of the company.
I don't see how they can achieve everything above with the contractor model and not run into trouble with the law while protecting it's brand and remain competitive. Being competitive means more than just being cheaper.

dmac1

fedex_rtdActive Member
How this change will not effect the customer in a negative way will be something to see. Right now when an express and a freight rig show up, the customer can easily tell who is who, but if they carry this all the way through to uniforms, it's only going to confuse the issue.

If they carry it through, there won't be two trucks showing up at the same time. Duuhhhhhhh!!!!!!

dmac1

You mean indications like expanding ground and shrinking express???????? Those are already occurring in case you missed it.

Exec32

Also any and all complaints will be applied to ground because of the orange fits all scheme. Another way for us to get screwed.
Why not X gots money to make back.

It will be fine

Either way it goes the result will be bad for us peasants. The increased stop density will be used to justify wildly unrealistic efficiency demands and lower compensation regardless of which opco survives.

MAKAVELI

You mean indications like expanding ground and shrinking express???????? Those are already occurring in case you missed it.
Buying more planes, trucks and acquiring TNT is not shrinking my friend. You said you're not with ground anymore. You must have some serious cash invested in the scam to be such a ground cheerleader.;)

Exec32

Nope not that indicatior,
More like;
1 legal indicatiors
2 regulatory indicatiors
3 Customer demand indicatiors
4 new evolving technology indicatiors

Shall I go on?
And if you read any of my other post you would know that YES, I am well aware that X is shrinking express and growing ground, perfect plan for them to get away with what they want to do. Reduce your costs (express) pass on liabilities to (ground) sit back in take it all back with no recourse (back to express). Done have a paid for start up by contractors. Is that not genius or what.

Exec32

Buying more planes, trucks and acquiring TNT is not shrinking my friend. You said you're not with ground anymore. You must have some serious cash invested in the scam to be such a ground cheerleader.;)
Don't forget major infrastructure investments in ground terminals. Most are express volume and buddies righ
Either way it goes the result will be bad for us peasants. The increased stop density will be used to justify wildly unrealistic efficiency demands and lower compensation regardless of which opco survives.
Yup, unfortunately I'm with you. I asked the SM today, what gives them the right to estimate density cost/revenue benefits when it only benefits them. How about doing a cost benefit or adjustment on every oversize package and each rural stop 10 miles out and make the same considerations for INCREASED adjustments. You should of heard the crickets in the room.

Exec32

Don't forget major infrastructure investments in ground terminals. Most would believe this is for a serious investment into ground only, however these terminals far exceed ground capacity, able to take on express all under one roof.

Yup, unfortunately I'm with you. I asked the SM today, what gives them the right to estimate density cost/revenue benefits when it only benefits them. How about doing a cost benefit or adjustment on every oversize package and each rural stop 10 miles out and make the same considerations for INCREASED adjustments. You should of heard the crickets in the room.

Makaveli, didn't quite finish that last post,,,,going to me drink on

bbsam

Staff member
Buying those things is not growing Express. The network, yes. No an individual opco though.

MAKAVELI

Buying those things is not growing Express. The network, yes. No an individual opco though.
It all ties in and TNT will be apart of Express. They're not shrinking Express they're trying to control costs and those cost being wages but it's not working them

Exec32

It all ties in and TNT will be apart of Express. They're not shrinking Express they're trying to control costs and those cost being wages but it's not working them
That's where the contractors come in, to suppress wages creating an artificial wage low enough to bring down overall wages in the industry. A counter to UPS.