New full time management

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
He tells me it every day, I produce the desired results and let him cave my head in before I go and handle the problems my way.
You mean the drivers produce the results and managements goes in there and plays their shady game at changing numbers and hiding stuff( not a shot at you just the way the game works) ill pass on management, totally not worth selling my soul and looking in the mirror knowing my life at work is a total lie and corruption lol.

SCV good to go sir.

...pissing off drivers by being like your center manager just makes them dislike you more ... The old school methods of fear and intimidation work short term, long term it makes employee's bitter, defensive, and a pain to work with, ask my sup.

QFT.

I'll still remain civil and do my work, but if these types of CMs think that I'm going to stay friendly with them while they :censored2: on me... Well there's nothing in the world that can cure that type of delusional thinking besides a good old ass kicking. If you one day realize that you've inadvertently become that supervisor, don't even try to patch things up. By the time you realize it, you've probably already burned those bridges. Just leave those guys alone to do their work. That's all I ask for.

DOK

Let drivers do their job of delivering, pissing off drivers by being like your center manager just makes them dislike you more, file more, and less production. The old school methods of fear and intimidation work short term, long term it makes employee's bitter, defensive, and a pain to work with, ask my sup.

Agreed. You're a leader of people, you want a group of of people to atleast try to do what's on your agenda. Picking out a few key employees in that group to help you in that effort will go far in getting the group moving in the right direction. Managing by fear will only cause everyone in that group to dislike you and not want to perform.

Think about it, with the number of employees we have, imagine where this company could go if it had all the employees on it's side.

trance

You mean the drivers produce the results and managements goes in there and plays their shady game at changing numbers and hiding stuff( not a shot at you just the way the game works) ill pass on management, totally not worth selling my soul and looking in the mirror knowing my life at work is a total lie and corruption lol.

Lolololol, you are so bitter it hurts. I sups large inside operation, only thing drivers provide me is smoked packages and NDA left/mixed on truck. They screw me more than just about anyone in the business. Then follow it up with, I had a long day, which though true, shouldn't justify sucking at finishing out the night. I have absolutely no intent on changing my method of leadership, I've lead through respect and honest results for a long time. I would love to hear more on what they are shady about or what numbers they change though.

trance

Agreed. You're a leader of people, you want a group of of people to atleast try to do what's on your agenda. Picking out a few key employees in that group to help you in that effort will go far in getting the group moving in the right direction. Managing by fear will only cause everyone in that group to dislike you and not want to perform.

Think about it, with the number of employees we have, imagine where this company could go if it had all the employees on it's side.

Every operation I've run, when the employees buy in they flourish, I implement recognition programs for Safety service and productivity. Get everyone excited about being successful. It makes for a hell of a good time.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Lolololol, you are so bitter it hurts. I sups large inside operation, only thing drivers provide me is smoked packages and NDA left/mixed on truck. They screw me more than just about anyone in the business. Then follow it up with, I had a long day, which though true, shouldn't justify sucking at finishing out the night. I have absolutely no intent on changing my method of leadership, I've lead through respect and honest results for a long time. I would love to hear more on what they are shady about or what numbers they change though.
If you roll the way you say you do then your drivers should have respect for you as long as you respect them. Remember also every driver is going to have a different rate of speed at which they are going to do the job. You cant expect a driver over the age of 40 with alot of wear and tear on his entire body to be as fast as a guy whos age 21 to 30, its just unrealistic, thats simple math and commonsense. As far as the shady games and numbers changing, youll find out soon trust me. Aint going to take long to see the FUDGING GAME and oh yes you will be a participant in 1 of these many shady games they play. You wont have a choice, its either you play with them in their game or you can find a job somewhere else lol. Should have just stayed driving, and they can make you move or move you somewhere else in a blink of an eye, i wouldnt consider that fun lol. Im not taking a shot at ya cause i dont know ya, im just telling you how it is and what to expect and pecisely why i would never do it and participate in their shady games and the DAYS OF OUR LIVES drama they absolutely love to play every day lmfao.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
I'm a recently promoted full time sup of an inside operation. I work for an old school center manager that manages by temper and fear. My question all around is what good methods of trickle down filtering have you seen. I don't manage my people by fear, my results are good for it, I just have trouble taking the message and conveying it without the threats.
That's not what the old school is about. Old schoolers put the people first in order to hit operational goals. Penny pinching wasn't the priority, SERVICE was. Unfortunately it sounds like your MGR has the new school mentality which only concerns profits and micromanagement success of each and every day.

My suggestion: Keep your mgrs attitude out of your operation. Otherwise, expect grievances and resistance. Treat your people with dignity, even through discipline. Make your people feel valued and it'll be smooth sailing.

O

OLDMAN3

Wow there sure are a lot of good-hearted, misunderstood sups and managers who only want to do the right thing on the forum lately.
Let me guess... You are good cop.
Perhaps a bunch of bitter POS hourlies will beat up on you and create sympathy for management?

It is the same game they play at work.

Is UPS trying to play the social media game, since no one would play in their sandbox on their site?

I could be wrong, my apologies if so.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm a recently promoted full time sup of an inside operation. I work for an old school center manager that manages by temper and fear. My question all around is what good methods of trickle down filtering have you seen. I don't manage my people by fear, my results are good for it, I just have trouble taking the message and conveying it without the threats.
I am glad you showed up just as Ol Man left.
It's tough being positive and management on Brown Cafe.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
If you roll the way you say you do then your drivers should have respect for you as long as you respect them. Remember also every driver is going to have a different rate of speed at which they are going to do the job. You cant expect a driver over the age of 40 with alot of wear and tear on his entire body to be as fast as a guy whos age 21 to 30, its just unrealistic, thats simple math and commonsense. As far as the shady games and numbers changing, youll find out soon trust me. Aint going to take long to see the FUDGING GAME and oh yes you will be a participant in 1 of these many shady games they play. You wont have a choice, its either you play with them in their game or you can find a job somewhere else lol. Should have just stayed driving, and they can make you move or move you somewhere else in a blink of an eye, i wouldnt consider that fun lol. Im not taking a shot at ya cause i dont know ya, im just telling you how it is and what to expect and pecisely why i would never do it and participate in their shady games and the DAYS OF OUR LIVES drama they absolutely love to play every day lmfao.

If you read his posts you would see that Trance wasn't a driver and he's not a FT on road sup now. He's probably the coordinator of an entire wall inside a hub or something bigger. And I understand what you're talking about with on road sups coming in having a certain positive mentality and being forced to change by their CMs or higher ups. Luckily this guy is inside the building where I believe it's much more possible to be a people person and still produce the results that his superiors want to achieve.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If you read his posts you would see that Trance wasn't a driver and he's not a FT on road sup now. He's probably the coordinator of an entire wall inside a hub or something bigger. And I understand what you're talking about with on road sups coming in having a certain positive mentality and being forced to change by their CMs or higher ups. Luckily this guy is inside the building where I believe it's much more possible to be a people person and still produce the results that his superiors want to achieve.
Hopefully youd hate to see a cool or good dude change into something their not because of the game they play but unfortunately most times than none thats the case.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
And for the record, some NDA is safe to leave on the cars as long as the hub/center services the destination of those packages. Like here in Northbay we can leave NDA packages destined for Fremont, San Jose, even as far as Fresno and it'll still make service since we have a feeder run to those places daily before their preload starts.