New hire, package driver

My first post, im a new hire off the street. I was hired to be a permanent package car driver. I start tomorrow. I went up there today to get my id card. Im kinda clueless on what ill be doing tomorrow since i am completely new. I finished training last week. I know ill find out tomorrow but i dont like not having a plan. Will i be riding with someone or supervisor riding with me...i been looking at threads to get tips and advice..i appreciate everything yall have posted.

The training guy even explained the seasonal and permanent and it showed on his paper wh was perm and who was seasonal but yeah, ill ask when i get there. I just wish i knew more about the route or what im even doing..either riding with or having supervisor ride with me. Im trying to remember how to work the diad and functions from my notes..

Turdferguson

Just a turd
The training guy even explained the seasonal and permanent and it showed on his paper wh was perm and who was seasonal but yeah, ill ask when i get there. I just wish i knew more about the route or what im even doing..either riding with or having supervisor ride with me. Im trying to remember how to work the diad and functions from my notes..
You'll ride with a supervisor your first day or two

By The Book

My first post, im a new hire off the street. I was hired to be a permanent package car driver. I start tomorrow. I went up there today to get my id card. Im kinda clueless on what ill be doing tomorrow since i am completely new. I finished training last week. I know ill find out tomorrow but i dont like not having a plan. Will i be riding with someone or supervisor riding with me...i been looking at threads to get tips and advice..i appreciate everything yall have posted.
Take a water jug,notepad, the supervisor will be driving. Take notes of where to park at locations and what doors to go thru to get signatures. After a week you won't need the notes but it helps you get thru the week with all the thoughts you'll want to write down. Take some cash if you don't pack a lunch, but I'd pack a lunch.

Take a water jug,notepad, the supervisor will be driving. Take notes of where to park at locations and what doors to go thru to get signatures. After a week you won't need the notes but it helps you get thru the week with all the thoughts you'll want to write down. Take some cash if you don't pack a lunch, but I'd pack a lunch.

Thankyou for the advice and letting me know whats going on. He told me be there at 0840 so tomorrow I start.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Good luck, it will seem overwhelming to begin with....
but like any new job, there is a learning curve.

Be careful with that truck; drive it like it's in a bubble.

nystripe96

The first few days will seem overwhelming. By the end of your second week you'll have a surge of confidence and some days will come easy to you. Stay determined and highly attentive throughout. Best of luck

over9five

Staff member
Welcome to BrownCafe, and good luck with the new job!