New members should not be

barnyard

KTM rider
maybe we just need to be a little patient,

harshen mah buzz.

There are a couple of noobs that started with UPS back last Fall. They registered here, posted, got roasted, read more, posted less and are now members that contribute useful stuff.

H

htown0721

You are a sup and part time at that so I would think you rank lower on the pole than a p/t teamster on this board. Heck u might rank lower than a driver helper at peak. Yeah, it's brainless work. I have asked my driver all the questions I needed too and have got the answers. I just do the same job for 6 weeks at a 1/4 the pay.

haha not all management are idiots and where I rank is not a big deal because at the end of the day you have to work as directed. I knew going into management that it was a mistake but it looks much better on my resume than being a package car loader and a lot better than driver helper. Oh well I am done arguing with a helper, again sidetracked by meaningless crap that doesn't matter....the rough life of a sup

barnyard

KTM rider
You are a sup and part time at that so I would think you rank lower on the pole than a p/t teamster on this board. Heck u might rank lower than a driver helper at peak.

That is where you would be wrong.

Here, what we do on the job is not nearly as pertinent as the contribution. You should probably read more and post less.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You are a sup and part time at that so I would think you rank lower on the pole than a p/t teamster on this board. Heck u might rank lower than a driver helper at peak. Yeah, it's brainless work. I have asked my driver all the questions I needed too and have got the answers. I just do the same job for 6 weeks at a 1/4 the pay.

You drive, sort, think, supervise and problem solve?

Ideliver

haha not all management are idiots and where I rank is not a big deal because at the end of the day you have to work as directed. I knew going into management that it was a mistake but it looks much better on my resume than being a package car loader and a lot better than driver helper. Oh well I am done arguing with a helper, again sidetracked by meaningless crap that doesn't matter....the rough life of a sup
yup, and from what I gather it is done at the pace the driver will choose. there is no argument here. just a temp helper having sum fum :peaceful:

uncrob

Hey did all the old hands out there get their "payout" checks today. I am out on disability and have been since June. I know the checks came to our building today but I had a couple of guys check and not one for me. Thanks just checking. I usually don't have any days left but since I missed half the year.....

Ideliver

You must be an excellent helper.
I believe I am. I work 3 hours at a mall drop off and can do pre sheets and schedule pick ups on the DIAD. After the mall I I meet anther driver to resi stuff. I can Dr and NI for sig stuff and leave the info notice. I can fix a car by HIN and understand it all. Look, I am no pro UPS driver by a long shot. But I can do the work. So if u want to give helpers a hard time here expect THIS helper to give seasoned drivers a hard time as well.

H

htown0721

So if u want to give helpers a hard time here expect THIS helper to give seasoned drivers a hard time as well.

hmm management vs driver/employees now helpers vs drivers. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Helpers are now allies with management. haha jk

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hey did all the old hands out there get their "payout" checks today. I am out on disability and have been since June. I know the checks came to our building today but I had a couple of guys check and not one for me. Thanks just checking. I usually don't have any days left but since I missed half the year.....

All unused Option Days were paid today. I had two left, check was small because I put 50% into my 401K.

JakeD

battle? why? do you make less than jumpers?

he is just waiting for the amazing day where they can whine about management, bitch about loaders, cry about what the union does or doesn't do blah blah blah blah in PEACE man.. PEACE!

(really, you guys should invest a sub-forum for helpers and it would be easier, because this is a major hit on google and Orientation is useless. hence the questions)

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I agree. Even with two years of feeders under my ever expanding belt, it still makes me cringe when I see all of these freaking helper threads. Mind you, I'm not saying that they shouldn't post here. Hey, be free to freedom up your speech.

Me and another feeder driver and I were walking out this AM, bitching about some of our on-road sups--yes, they get mad when you call them on-car sups--how they like to say how tough their jobs are. Yeah, these morons actually told us that. I told my buddy that none of these guys would know tough until they did just ONE peak in a package car. We both belly laughed.

If any helpers are reading this, take no offense. Don't get mad, don't quit your temporary job. But here is the story: that driver you might be bitching about, lives your complaints everyday of the year. Except he/she is on their own, making the bad case/worse case decisions on a daily basis, where the right answer is NEVER the correct answer. And yeah, those drivers get paid better than anyone else, and they have great benefits, and so many of them--as seen in these forums--are class AAA dumbasses, but don't dare think you know what a full day is like in that driver's seat, because you DON'T.

So many of those dipschticks are that way because the pressure makes them spin circles until their day is done. And I can think of no other way to explain so many of the responses that get tacked onto honest questions here.

No, stupid is as stupid does. This job makes it easy to see who did, and didn't have some decent parenting in the developing years.

Sorry, that's the best way I know how to explain and love the people I work next to and with every day. Forgive me.

As a helper, who are you answering to? Imagine answering to a system that doesn't accept ANY voice of reason. As a helper, you don't think AT ALL, you just do. In your position, that might make you feel like a target, or a victim, but believe all of us, you're getting the easy part. Empty, brain-dead manual labor is the easy part, trust us. You'll never know what a pain in the ass it is to stop what you're doing just to go GET the help you need.

Let me put it into Hollywood terms, for simplification purposes. Yu are the driver. You bust safes for a living. Bossman tells you that, this--THAT--safe has to be cracked, or you're done. DONE-DIDDELY-DONE. But he tells you that he knows a guy that has a key to help you. That guy will meet you at the safe, in FIVE minutes, except, you're on the other side of town. You drop everything, run the lights to make the meet, but you're helper is long gone--he's helping the junior high school kids bust into the gumball machine. Bossman send you a message, did you crack that safe? "Don't tell me no..." And you wonder about the consequences.

The helper is flipping pennies, but the driver is flipping silver dollars...

All helpers, PM if I need to spell it out for you a little clearer.