Newbie cigar smoker

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
A couple cigars a week
Gimme a break
Like I said, do what you want. If you do go for some life insurance or anything that requires a health exam that effects premiums, to get the best rate you must be tobacco free for 3-5 years. Insurance companies are in the business of measuring risk, tobacco is a risk.

I could word your statement another way, "A couple cheeseburgers a day, gimmie a break". The fact of the matter is eating unhealthy puts you at risk for obesity.

I'm not judging anyone's behaviors, but at the same time your decisions shouldn't effect me also.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That's all it takes. I know folks like the smokes, but is it worth the risk?

Never have liked those dog turds

LOL
Just read all the previous posts.
I'm betting you didn't expect that unified response.

Now if ya wanna smoke something that's all good ... I'm ya man!
PM me.

I totally agree with this statement, it's also one of the reasons healthcare costs so much in our nation and everyone gets screwed because of other people's choices.

Oversimplifying it, healthcare should be like life insurance, those that constantly make bad choices pay higher premiums. I know there are a select few who have issues beyond their control, but when you consistently do bad behaviors and something goes wrong, the rest of us shouldn't foot the bill for your self inflicted problem.

I smoked for 12 years, the reason I quit was I wanted to be alive to enjoy my twilight years.

Major corporations have been taking steps to penalize those who choose to "do bad behaviors", whether it be smoking, obesity, etc, through higher premiums and/or surcharges.

Like I said, do what you want. If you do go for some life insurance or anything that requires a health exam that effects premiums, to get the best rate you must be tobacco free for 3-5 years. Insurance companies are in the business of measuring risk, tobacco is a risk.

I could word your statement another way, "A couple cheeseburgers a day, gimmie a break". The fact of the matter is eating unhealthy puts you at risk for obesity.

I'm not judging anyone's behaviors, but at the same time your decisions shouldn't effect me also.

Ask the current management at UPS about the premium increases they receive if they are tobacco users.

sure----that's like telling the wife you are only stopping for one beer.

Good morning Butt---you had a tough night out there rioting?

Still resting from last night.

IMG_0551.JPG

Geez guys. Go start a healthcare thread.

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
I smoked for 12 years, the reason I quit was I wanted to be alive to enjoy my twilight years.

Myself as well. I want to be alive for those years. There's something about that coffee and cigarette in the morning before the PCM tho! I wish I could limit myself to just that!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My former in laws smoked for years. When they were invited to visit another newborn grandchild they were told that they were welcome to come but that they would have to smoke outside. They both quit almost overnight.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Totally different scenarios.

My wife enjoys maybe a dozen cigars a year. That doesn't make her a tabacco user.

You're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.