No discipline for going back out after in for the night...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BUCN85, May 16, 2016.

1. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Now I know in the contract there can't be any discipline on a driver who refuses to go back out to do more work once he is in for the night..how does it work though if they send you a message saying " when you get back don't punch out we need you to run a miss load". Or. " need you to drop your air off and go back out to run a miss load / help another driver"?

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Do you take all of your break every day?

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Sounds like you are going back out to run off a misload.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Brownslave688

Sorry if they send you a message tough gotta go back out.

5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Quick, punch out and run!

6. Grey

Grey Active Member

Will contact ASAP

7. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Yea. What does that have to do with anything?

8. Brownslave688

Break is considered part of your work day. So if you have break left you haven't finished your day and they can always send you back out.

9. Turn radio off...didn't get message.... Sorry.

10. CHALLY9TX

CHALLY9TX Active Member

Go back out and make them regret doing so.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  11. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Well yes I am saying all breaks are done and it's 7pm this is happening. It HASNT happened. But I just wanted to know what rights I have if it does. It has happens to others

12. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I am on the 9/5 list. If I get that message, I reply, "Only if being forced."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

Does it matter if lower seniority drivers aren't forced back out before you get back?

14. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

You poor guy, it's just not your year. First the Pirates suck then the 9.5 problems now forced to go out again. I'm sorry I feel some what responsible since it's my Cubs contributing to your woes. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  15. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

Nope, if they need me to help fine, but once my pc enters the property it is not going back out, at least not with me in it

16. opey

opey Member

ive gotten OCA's after i was already back in the building (and even set my inside building time)... i just went in the office and said hey, you just sent me this but im back... and that was it. now if they tell u before you are back that they need you to run a misload.. thats kind of different. not sure you really have any right to refuse, thats real :censored2:ty though. but think of it as an extra hour or so of OT for doing pretty much nothing... and take your time

17. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

Might depend on local language.

18. 35years

35years Active Member

Central Region
    Article 19, Section 6:
    Drivers shall not be disciplined for refusing to go back out on the street once they have returned to the building, after having completed their full day’s work.

If you are in the Central; I would refuse to go back out. Once you are back at the building and have 8 hours in they can't discipline you for refusing to go back out. The fact that they sent the message before you came back in has no relevance. They can make you do extra work while out on area, but once you return with 8 in, no way.

If they then tell you to work as directed and go back out...I would go back out and file the next day, and that would end it.

19. rod

rod retired and happy

As long as it was just for a misloaded package or to make an easy missed pickup I usually didn't mind going back out. Easy overtime and I never once was questioned the next day why it took so long.

20. 35years

35years Active Member

They have to offer the extra work by seniority to those that are present and available. Everyone is available who is still on the clock and will return to the bldg; in this situation. If they just assign it at their whim, they are going to pay more than 1 guy around here.