No more keys!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Unfortunately, you will be on Mondays Telematics Report for that....

I was on the report for my BH door coming open 16 times while driving, due to the button on the fob getting pushed by my fat butt or the buckle on the seat belt.

How lucky for me that I could really care less about that report.

John19841

I don't understand the "trouble" with starting the car...?

1.) Push the button on the key fob as you're walking to the car

2.) Upon entering the car, BEFORE sitting, press the start button on the dash

3.) Sit down and buckle the seat belt

4.) Hold start button

After 5 times (and that's giving you 3 more attempts then it should take) you should be able to do this without thinking. It will become routine after the first day. Go back to the key and you'll realize how much better it is.

If you're waiting to press the start button for the first time until after you're already sitting, then yes, you will be waiting for the delay before you can start the car. The key is to press start before, while you're putting the DIAD in the holder.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I don't understand the "trouble" with starting the car...?

1.) Push the button on the key fob as you're walking to the car

2.) Upon entering the car, BEFORE sitting, press the start button on the dash

3.) Sit down and buckle the seat belt

4.) Hold start button

After 5 times (and that's giving you 3 more attempts then it should take) you should be able to do this without thinking. It will become routine after the first day. Go back to the key and you'll realize how much better it is.

If you're waiting to press the start button for the first time until after you're already sitting, then yes, you will be waiting for the delay before you can start the car. The key is to press start before, while you're putting the DIAD in the holder.

So. you're turning the ignition on before you even sit down, and then you reach and press it a second time to start the motor after you are sitting down and buckled up?

Sorry, but it seems much simpler to give the start button a "double tap" and go.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I have had it for a couple of weeks.. The bulkhead part is nice but definitely not the time saver they were looking for. The remote start takes me longer than the keys. And the back door takes twice as long because they can't install auto open on my p700. Hate fighting with that carabiner attached to my belt loop. By the way don't make the mistake of accidentally touching the button on the key fob while driving. The bulkhead WILL open and you will show up on one of the reports and have to answer for the awful deed you have done..

Thursday was my 1st day using it. I had 16 bulkhead events. I was hiting ignition stop to shut off truck and quickly hitting stop button again to open bulkhead door. Bulkhead would be open before I even got off the seat, Lol. maybe I was doing it a little to fast. The time you save in that, u lose in trying to keep bulkhead closed before attempting delivery. I think it equiled out.

I have issues were sometimes the rear door won't unlock. It does have a delay when hitting the start button before truck actually turns over. I have an older 1000 stick shift. Don't get lazy and stall out the truck. It takes a minute to restart it.When it stalls it will beep as if key is turned. U have to hit stop button to turn ignition off even though it's stalled out. then hit faub button, and then hold start button a few seconds to restart truck. Lol, maybe it happened to me, maybe it didn't.

Lol, dude, 16 bulkhead events. I've never had even 1 before except when I covered a route with truck that had a jacked up bulkhead latch that would pop open with every hard bump.

I've learned to pause a few seconds before opening bulkhead, taking off seatbelt or activating diad to insure I don't have those embarrissing events again.

Backlasher

IT toke a while to get use to not having keys hanging on finger. I would panic for a second as if I left them or something. The one definite benifit is that your hands are freed up and no way that even a seasonal outside newb could loose the keys or lock em behind bulkhead. While doing small pickups u could hit bulkhead open as you get to truck and it will be open as u are stepping in so save time there and also to speed up starting truck hit button on remote as u proggress to truck and quickly hit button as u sit and latch in seatbelt. It helps but it's a habit that will b a period to get into.

They should set up relays that prevents bulkhead or rear door from unlocking while truck is running. I'm a little worried about somehow hitting button as I drive and pop goes rear door without me knowing. Hasn't happened but worried that it could happen.

bumped

IT toke a while to get use to not having keys hanging on finger. I would panic for a second as if I left them or something. The one definite benifit is that your hands are freed up and no way that even a seasonal outside newb could loose the keys or lock em behind bulkhead. While doing small pickups u could hit bulkhead open as you get to truck and it will be open as u are stepping in so save time there and also to speed up starting truck hit button on remote as u proggress to truck and quickly hit button as u sit and latch in seatbelt. It helps but it's a habit that will b a period to get into.

They should set up relays that prevents bulkhead or rear door from unlocking while truck is running. I'm a little worried about somehow hitting button as I drive and pop goes rear door without me knowing. Hasn't happened but worried that it could happen.

Oh Yeah, I had the FOB come off the clip and fall in the back of the truck on the rubber mats. I didn't notice and locked the truck up.

trickpony1

Will they have the remote door opener and engine start on feeder tractors?
I could use both features on cold days while I'm finishing my coffee.

porkwagon

I like it. Except mine stopped working after a couple days. I called automotive and they told me where the keys were. (In a lock box with a simple combination, which I'm sure will be a security issue soon.) Anyway, now I use the key just to start the car, I still activate the keyless because the other features of it work. And I keep the remote in the left pocket of my shirt with the button facing the front. I find that is easier than on the belt loop.

lvgolfer962

Ive been covering a vacation rte for the last two weeks with the automatic setup and I had to run a rte with a normal truck today and I can honestly say i really like the new setup even more now. Some one above posted about double clicking the start button and i too think this speeds up the starting of the car a bit faster.

Ive been hooking the remote to my belt right next to my diad bag and haven't had any problems with the door opening up while im driving or sitting back down. I wish there were a second button to unlock he rear door, must cost to much to add this second mechanism LOL

Backlasher

Ive been covering a vacation rte for the last two weeks with the automatic setup and I had to run a rte with a normal truck today and I can honestly say i really like the new setup even more now. Some one above posted about double clicking the start button and i too think this speeds up the starting of the car a bit faster.

Ive been hooking the remote to my belt right next to my diad bag and haven't had any problems with the door opening up while im driving or sitting back down. I wish there were a second button to unlock he rear door, must cost to much to add this second mechanism LOL

Double click the remote button to unlock rear door, unless your truck doesnt have it.

Backlasher

Oh Yeah, I had the FOB come off the clip and fall in the back of the truck on the rubber mats. I didn't notice and locked the truck up.

NewB... just joking.

Anywho, We can't get all excited about this cause it's not 4 our convenience. It's to improve sphor and thatALWAYS leads to more stops, not an earlier day and another desolved route. More demands will be lead from this like u can bring in 2 -3 sales leads a day with this time savings.

Try working at a pace u can due for 25-30 yrs so they don't cut a route and through me back to part time please.

JonFrum

The time it takes a Carwasher to clean the rear roll-up door has just been doubled. Previously we could lower the door without it locking in the closed position. Now all doors lock. So we have to enter the adjacent car, hop over into the car we're cleaning, hit the Fob button twice, then get to the rear door to open it from the inside before it times out.

I wonder how much all this extra time and work will cost? And will it be charged to the Fob Campaign, or blamed on the Carwash?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
After almost 24 years of of having keys hanging from my finger or going into my right front pocket 150+ times per day, it is a very unnerving feeling to be walking away from the car without them. Old habits die hard.

I really wish there was a way to mount the fob on a terry-cloth wristband instead of hanging it from a belt loop. I'm a big guy, and when I work I cant stand having anything hanging off of my belt. I dont use a DIAD clip or a pouch because they inevitably get snagged on things or tangled up in the seat belt, and I am having similar issues with the key fob. I will sit on it or press it up against the back of the seat or the seat belt buckle with my butt cheek and I wind up opening the BH door by accident while driving.

BrownArmy

They're just starting to install the key-less entry systems in the PCs at our center, and today was my first experience driving with one.

It took a couple of hours trying different methods out, but I ended up with this:

I hooked the FOB to one of my front belt loops (on the seat-belt side) and kept the keys as always on my pinkie.

Being able to remotely unlock the bulkhead door is a major improvement, the key-less starting, not so much.

I found that using the ignition key as normal to start the car was a bit faster than the using the FOB + dash-switch, but I haven't tried the "double-tap" method.

I haven't seen a car in our center with rear door opening mechanisms installed...didn't matter, I was in a 700, so I needed to keep the key ring on my finger anyway to open the rear doors.

It is nice though walking back to the PC with an armload of letterbox pickups and being able to open the door from the street!

bigbrownhen

I have had the new system for awhile now. It took a few stops to get the hang of it, but it is handy. I hook the fob and bulk head key on front right belt loop. The "oh crap" feeling of not having my keys on my finger takes a few days to go away. Sometimes I still delay closing the bulk head door thinking" where's the keys?". There is no ignition key on the ring. Push the start button twice to start the truck. It's a little faster than just holding the button down. The only trucks that have the rear door opener are the roll up doors, no swing doors.

This is pretty much my routine:
Walking back to truck, push fob once, grab hand rail, as I sit, push start button twice while I pull seat belt across chest. Click belt and roll.