Not sure were I stand

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Go Brown Or Go Home!, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Go Brown Or Go Home!

Go Brown Or Go Home! Active Member

Im not sure were I stand on going full time perm. I already did the road test, no problem there, the HR sup wants me to go do the physical asap and I still have to do the written 5 and 10. He cant give me specifics which isnt a problem I just want to make sure if this is the process. Oh and he also said he wants to get me into driving class asap so when the time comes im ready. He put in an email that this is training for full time perm but this is also UPS and anythings possible.
    Im just trying to see if thats how you guys have done it or??? Thanks for the help.

sent using smoke signals

2. Call your business agent.

3. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

I'm so dang awesome, my center manager called me and said, "You're next if you want it..." And poof!! Here I am in the big leagues rubbin' elbows with elites like Upstate.

Guess I should consider myself lucky.

Sent using a Potato

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Orion Syndicate

Orion Syndicate 90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)

I'm sure somewhere in Atlanta there's a written procedure outlined from start to finish on how this should be handled. Next to the ark of the covenant and the holy grail. Choose wisely.

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. BigBeef42

BigBeef42 Active Member

The force is strong with this one...

Sent using BrownCafe App

6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

7. Go Brown Or Go Home!

Those are all pretty good! I wonder how long it took you to come up with em. Granted they arent the best insults ive seen. But with limited brain function I guess ill give those a 2 wait no make it a 3 Just for trying you special guys you! There going down the crappy here people!

sent using smoke signals

8. Crazy Diamond

Didn't mean to insult you. I didn't have a legitimate answer to your question, so I tried to be funny instead. :/

Sent using a Potato

9. Go Brown Or Go Home!

Ha its Brown cafe. Insults are what is done best around here with the OCCASIONAL very good answer!

sent using smoke signals

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Pretty much how mine went down but it was HR not the center manager.

11. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Wierd how u 2 are so similar in so many ways.

12. Crazy Diamond

Really? I always thought Brownslave was a butthole. (jk)

Sent using a Potato

13. RonBurgandy??????????

This is a union job. No matter how much you are buddy buddy with your supervisor or how much he likes you, a bid sheet must be posted for a job opening, and that job opening will go to the highest senority person who wants the job

14. RonBurgandy??????????

him and op. Not u. Lol

15. Brownslave688

My evil twin.

16. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

The highest pre qualified person will have the opportunity to try and qualify for the job if that person can pass the school first.

17. RonBurgandy??????????

Soooooooo I'm right is what your saying. Lol. No matter how much you kiss a$&& or suc" )$$$$$. It is what it is no matter how you try to word it. Senority rules.

18. RonBurgandy??????????

This isn't corporate America. (Thank God). This is a teamster job.

19. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Your seniority does not mean you will pass the initial driving test. This where UPS can pick and choose who they want for driving. Seniority does not mean which route you will try and qualify on. Some routes are almost impossible to qualify on. A lot of other variables that UPS controls also.

20. Brownslave688

Yep seeing it right now. Disqualifying every part timer that can't drive a stick (a lot). Leaving us with many positions to fill off the street.