O.K. Has Peak REALLY Begun Where You Are?

BrownArmy

After all the messages I received yesterday from UPS about not working this season, I got a call this morning from a supe asking if I could work as a helper today. At driver's rate, which is extremely nice of him. But I couldn't today. Now it'll be back on my radar.

As someone else noted, if you can't show for driver's pay and helper's work, how do you figure you'll be driving in the summer?

When the UPS door opens, however slightly, you gotta try your level best to bust the door down.

I hope it goes well for you, however, initiative is noticed.

browntroll

in my hub it got really heavy this week, first time in years that i see 5 hour days. only problem is they have a bunch of
possible new hires for peak by that i mean ppl waiting outside hub at 8am. im assuming peak might be over this month so whats the point since they still
have to interview then do safety videos for a week.

Indecisi0n

turkeygif_zps008689f8.gif

ups1990

I can't wrap my head around the idea of being so heavy that we deliver packages scheduled for just before Xmas and being delivered late days later.

Im with many here who say its been heavier the last two days than anytime last peak. Here on the W/C, we hare experiencing colder than normal temperatures, in fact, I was contemplating wait for it.... wearing pants! but couldnt find them in the closet. Maybe they are at the right hand corner of the closet next to the tux that doesnt fit me anymore. Its been raining here and there but I will always give props to my NW and NE drivers of our land. Man, you guys and gals deliver in very extreme seasons, don't know how you do it!
Hope and pray we all make it safely and sanely.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyone from Albany, NY building? They're having HUGE issues with missed packages, or missed loads. Not sure of the exact story, but I know several sups from several buildings who were immediately transferred there yesterday to get the place under control.
Heard a rumor that a lot of it was due to gypsies just dropping loads there without telling anyone. I've only been there once, so I'm not sure of their yard layout and how that would be possible.

Over, the rumors were confirmed today. Albany (Latham) is 30 loads behind and Syracuse is 50. Both hubs will have sorts all weekend. IE has sent numerous people there to straighten things out. We are starting at 8am on Monday and have been told that we will be slammed.

That's funny you posted that today as the chassis I got from Louisville today had only the left rear zip tied....:eek:

Maybe because I did the railyard for weeks on end when I was on the Q list but I ALWAYS make sure all 4 pins are secure before I move the chassis an inch!

I absolutely HATE pulling the chassis containers!

Sent using BrownCafe App
In reality zip ties don't mean a thing. They are there solely to keep the safety latches from bouncing off the retaining pin.

Always check for four good pins, properly locked, and four good safety latches each undamaged. I use the heavy zip ties I get from the shop as opposed to the spindly little ones dispatch hands out.

Since we lucked out and were untouched by the storm we are now processing volume originally intended for Indy and even Texas mgmt has told us.

bumped

Over, the rumors were confirmed today. Albany (Latham) is 30 loads behind and Syracuse is 50. Both hubs will have sorts all weekend. IE has sent numerous people there to straighten things out. We are starting at 8am on Monday and have been told that we will be slammed.

IE will come and save the day. :oops:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Our hubs in Atlanta and Pleasantdale have been SLAMMED ,and Mondays start is 800 here as well. I am thinking that maybe,just MAYBE for once on a Monday the building will actually be fully staffed,no routes cut and the chance to clean up before Wednesdays huge wave hits

MassWineGuy

Ah yes, Brown. My supe totally understood that after not being contacted for at least 30 days I might have had something else happening when he phoned Thursday. So I was called today to help a driver and told to report to the center on Monday morning. If I can work as a helper at the seasonal driver rate, why not? Still, I don't know what's in store on Monday.