One Solution To The Gay Marriage Issue

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Nothing wrong with that.

I find it funny that some people/businesses wouldn't do gay weddings. If I were a baker or photographer, I'd be advertising something to the effect that I don't care who you're banging for the next 30 years; let's do business.
Typical man!
It's about love and nurturing support for another person.

tourists24

Why would acknowledging an intimate relationship supersede incest, bestiality or polygamy laws?
dunno.... just wondering where the end game is. If the legal definition is officially changed, just curious from a legal standpoint why that doesn't include any marriage with consenting adults from here forward.... or does it?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
dunno.... just wondering where the end game is. If the legal definition is officially changed, just curious from a legal standpoint why that doesn't include any marriage with consenting adults from here forward.... or does it?
Its an interesting question.

The heart of the debate, in my opinion, is that gay couples have never been eligible for the same tax and financial benefits that the government has granted to straight couples when they marry.

I personally find the idea of plural marriages to be as morally repugnant as a lot of people find gay marriages to be....but because I support gay marriage equality, in the interest of not being a hypocrite I would have to say that if 3 consenting adults wish to be married it should not be the role of the State to tell them that they can't. However....some sort of equitable formula would have to be calculated in terms of Social Security benefits and tax brackets for such a marriage to prevent them from gaining any sort of financial advantages over a two-person marriage.

Sportello

Banned
Pretty sure that TWO consenting adults can enter into a legal Union as of today.

Don't let your head explode.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The court can force governments to give marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
The court or government cannot force an individual or church to recognize it as marriage.
I was married 25 years ago on the beach in Maui. The marriage license was issued by the State of Hawaii. The guy who married us was also the doorman at the resort we stayed at. More than half of the ceremony was in Native Hawaiian dialect so I don't really know what I said "I Do" to.
I don't give a damn whether any other individual or church recognizes my marriage as long as I get all the legal & financial benefits due me.
Pretty sure that any same sex marriages that will happen with more frequency now won't affect my own in any way.
To each his own.

Sportello

Banned
The court can force governments to give marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
The court or government cannot force an individual or church to recognize it as marriage.

Wait! My Vegas wedding isn't legal?

Nope, that's not what you said.

As Long as the government says it's legal, it doesn't matter what your church or neighbor thinks, unless you are beholden to them ;)

I gladly pay my government for the privileged of living here and being respected. I don't pay anyone else.

Yes, @wkmac, it's forced 'tribute' from me, one could almost say 'slavery to the State'. We all have a price we are willing pay to be free. Taxes free me. (disclaimer: I am a harmless white senior citizen who blends).

I'm good with living in the USA, and think the people deserve health and education to make their country better ion the coming decades. I'll pay taxes for that. For eternity. Even 'death taxes'.