Orion Compliance

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
So Orion person in charge now comes up to me this AM and says " you know the odometer on your truck is wrong,right?"
( was 24 miles over yesterday) I said well when the Orion trainer rode with me that's what they said after the first ride. So we checked it on the second ride to and from first and last stop dead on. Person says well I'm saying its wrong by up to 10 miles a day. I just say well whatever and walk off. What a joke. Just admit your million dollar program isn't always right!!!!!

Well I guess he needs to make sure it gets fixed. Not my job

Pkgcar1988

Oh, we can't fix it just have to right it off, I said "you know I get paid extra for those extra miles I'm not driving." They just looked at me with a blank stare. I said you could always just give me a new truck that would fix everything.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Oh, we can't fix it just have to right it off, I said "you know I get paid extra for those extra miles I'm not driving." They just looked at me with a blank stare. I said you could always just give me a new truck that would fix everything.

You would just have more sensors to follow you thru your day.

OPTION3

So Orion person in charge now comes up to me this AM and says " you know the odometer on your truck is wrong,right?"
( was 24 miles over yesterday) I said well when the Orion trainer rode with me that's what they said after the first ride. So we checked it on the second ride to and from first and last stop dead on. Person says well I'm saying its wrong by up to 10 miles a day. I just say well whatever and walk off. What a joke. Just admit your million dollar program isn't always right!!!!!
Virtual world….Meet REAL world…..LMAO….its like a DILBERT cartoon

I run Orion as long as I can, then I punt. Sometimes it's in the afternoon after a few breaks. Other times its 9:00 or 10:00. It reminds me of a serpentine belt compared to a simple fan belt.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I will occasionally take a quick look at ORION in the morning just to get a few laughs. Usually though, I am too busy trying to plan out my day and make service on my air to waste the time.

Sent using BrownCafe App

FilingBluesFL

It's amazing, because the crap-bag dispatcher lives by this numbers and increasing miles as much as possible.

I wonder what's going to happen between him jacking around the routes with the crazy add-cuts and the Orion people...

numberonedriver

We just got orion in my center. I had one of the orion sups telling me that I needed to follow it as close as possible. I told him I would follow it 100% orion is my brain now. He said we can go in the office and have a talk about it if I wanted to be that way (discipline me) I said for what following directions. Orion is a joke! today it had me go south past some stops just to turn around and come back to them later and then continue south really saving gas with that plan.

Indecisi0n

We just got orion in my center. I had one of the orion sups telling me that I needed to follow it as close as possible. I told him I would follow it 100% orion is my brain now. He said we can go in the office and have a talk about it if I wanted to be that way (discipline me) I said for what following directions. Orion is a joke! today it had me go south past some stops just to turn around and come back to them later and then continue south really saving gas with that plan.

Same here. I have stopped arguing with management about it and comply. I am normally about an hour over on my route. Now I am over 2 hrs a day, my miles have almost doubled and now I file 9.5's every week. Who's winning? Funny thing is they never pull me into the office about my times. I think there is a really big push for this Orion no matter how stupid it is.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This silly program "ORION" was created by people who had no concept of the delivery business. The company listened to this presentation and bought the concept "hook, line and sinker".

Now, they have spent millions on it and are in the process of installing it in all centers. The real disconnect comes in between the engineers who are attempting to install it and those who made the decision to switch to it.

At the street level, the engineers are the first to tell you that it doesnt work. They have conceeded on its failure, so they instruct the drivers to "run it as long as you can, then shut it off"...

Why exactly would we do this?

The only thing the engineers want to accomplish is getting us close to that magic 85% that gets them off the hook and draws the lowest heat. When drivers use ORION 100%, they are subject to hassle from the center team for extended days and extra miles.

The alternative?

They want "US" to figure out how to "sort of" use ORION to get to that 85% marker by using ORION a part of the time and then shut it off, and go back to the way "WE" do it to make up the time lost.

They have tried three times to make it work on my route ( for instance ) and because I have a dense industrial route, the program cant make the proper calculations. Taking me off one street and switching to the next street, then back again stop after stop, or pulling me out of my business after the first 5 stops and sending me to a residential section 2 miles away only increases miles and extends my day.

Today, I dont have that silly program in my diad. They know I will run it 100% as it comes out of my board. Garbage in garbage out.

No matter what, it always comes back to the way "WE" run the routes as ORION cant come close to running the routes as efficient, as safe or as productive as "WE" can.

TOS.