Orion Compliance

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I hate having to call up about 2 every day to ask do you want me to continue to follow orion and miss business, or do I break off Orion so I can make all my business stops.

Oh and the 5 miles I save driving is less then a gallon of fuel, but I get paid an extra 30 minutes to an hour to save that money.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Have heard nothing in my center that orion is coming. Is it a sure thing that it will be installed?
It is planned for deployment everywhere. EDD has to be implemented first though as it depends on EDD. Some centers still don't have EDD yet...

nocturnalbuck

it is probably implemented due to the wave of retirements looming.but i thought that was the reason for the 4 year wage progression. to cover the learning curve.... surprisingly i offered a map to a guy covering a certain area and he said he couldnt read it. im pretty sure he was serious. a person will still need a map though.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I hate having to call up about 2 every day to ask do you want me to continue to follow orion and miss business, or do I break off Orion so I can make all my business stops.

Oh and the 5 miles I save driving is less then a gallon of fuel, but I get paid an extra 30 minutes to an hour to save that money.

That's UPS. Always spending a dollar to save a nickel.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
it is probably implemented due to the wave of retirements looming.but i thought that was the reason for the 4 year wage progression. to cover the learning curve.... surprisingly i offered a map to a guy covering a certain area and he said he couldnt read it. im pretty sure he was serious. a person will still need a map though.
I wouldn't want to be a new driver trying to make seniority with Orion. That would really suck hard.

FilingBluesFL

Just do what I do.

Draw them a little picture on a box of the area they're going to be doing... just make sure box you draw the little "map" on is the first one they deliver LOL

Gets 'em every time...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I wouldn't want to be a new driver trying to make seniority with Orion. That would really suck hard.
Actually they will probably be better at it than we are as it's the only way they will know. More of a struggle for us because people are naturally resistant to change and we had to kinda unlearn our old way of doing things.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Actually it should be easier because on-area mileage allowance is the easiest to beat.
Orion will create extra miles but the driver will get allowance for that.
The training areas will probably be massaged so that Orion actually works.

upschuck

I suspect that DIADs will actually have mapping on them and a display like they have on the orion computers at the centers in the future. That seems like the next logical step.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Actually it should be easier because on-area mileage allowance is the easiest to beat.

There is NO allowance for mileage anymore HOAX, this isnt anymore. The mileage allowance was cut back to near zero years ago.

TOS.

Scoot

I will be getting my preliminary ORION ride along within the next week or two. Any good questions I should ask that they aren't going to have an answer for?

Pkgcar1988

They will ask when you "normally" take your lunch? If your like me I take it at a different time everyday so that messes Orion up also. I think maybe I will start taking it when they have it, between 1300-1400. (Even though i only am a 20-10 guy they still figure an hour??)The only problem then I will be delivering business when doing pickups. That should get a few complaints.

didyousheetit

No, it will be harder because new driver will get confused. Do I deliver and continue on the same direction as I'm pointing. Do I deliver then back up to get to next delivery as Orion wants. Do I pick up at 3pm as scheduled then come back for delivery at 330 when normally I would have been there at 11 am. The list goes on very long.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ouch

[quitte="The Other Side, post: 1259843, member: 17969"]"OUR" jobs are not to FIX ORION, our jobs are to comply with the requests of the company to run it the way its presented. If "WE" help them fix ORION to the point where it actually works, then in 5 years you will have replaced yourself!
Is it the request of the company or the shareholders trying to figure out a way to put more work on the driver. Let's be honest. Surely the company can't be so stupid as to have their employees driving by stops to deliver the next one. Once they realize we are using more fuel than normal they will come up with a way to save fuel. It's a never ending cycle. One screws the other. Hey in the mean time reap the rewards.
This isnt about mileage savings, its about 5 years from now and the next contract. IF you dummies attempt to help them fix ORION to the point where your route can be run effectively, what do they need you for? Any idiot could then run the route.

Let the company fix its own problems.

Run ORION the way it comes out. If it takes you 4 extra hours and 20 extra miles, then sobeit. If they ask you to come to them to fix things, REFUSE. You are not an engineer, let them figure it out for themselves.

Just like telematics was going to be used just for safety when it came out, and then it turned into a warning letter circus, ORION and the new article 6 language will be used to discipline each and every one of you drivers who dont comply with it.

"any intention act" that defrauds the company....

NOT following ORION can be considered "an intentional act".

Production discipline will go through the roof once this new contract is fully ratified. All we have to do is wait for it to happen.

Good luck drivers.

TOS.[/quote]
Is I