Orion Forcing

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Atleast orion seems to work well on a rural route for the most part. It's hopeless in town though.
Depends on pick ups.

I've ran a couple of rural routes or semi rural with an hour plus of pick ups. It's a disaster on those routes. It always has you getting way more done before pick ups than you can do. So an hour before you start pulling for businesses. Then pull for the pick ups.

MC0493

This one is pretty rural, there's 5 pickups and pretty much all but 1 are on route. The game lately is whether or not orion can get me to 12pm commits in time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This one is pretty rural, there's 5 pickups and pretty much all but 1 are on route. The game lately is whether or not orion can get me to 12pm commits in time.
I know we've had drivers beat Orion by 40 miles so not sure how well it works lol.

Hell im just a cover driver and beat it by 20 day 3 on a route.

FilingBluesFL

I had the dumbest orion first stop yesterday.. pass 4 air stops on way out to route.. that is a pain to go back to.. then do some grounds then go back to do those resi airs... guess what i did.... yes, what makes complete sence........ i never look at orion. Sorry..

One day my first Orion stop was about 4 miles away in a residential neighborhood that I would be doing later on in the evening.

We are INSTRUCTED to go to our first Orion stop... so I did. 8 mile round trip. Plus about 10 minutes trying to find it.

Work as instructed.

35years

Gravy route
Atleast orion seems to work well on a rural route for the most part. It's hopeless in town though.

Under ORION plan by 60+ miles doing it my way.

Following ORION 95%...60+ miles over ORION plan (breaking off for NDA, pickups, closing businesses and other commits only)

ORION works for rural...Not so much.

blkmamba

You guys make me feel real good about my decision to leave UPS and go into teaching. My wife and I are closing in on 90k each and get a ridiculous amount of time off.

By The Book

Following ORION 95%...60+ miles over ORION plan (breaking off for NDA, pickups, closing businesses and other commits only)

Just looking at the huge swing of miles in your example, it looks like you dropped off the shaggers in town, and then didn't on the 95% example. What was your percentage when you saved 60 miles? Your Orion isn't set up correctly if you ask me.

MC0493

Guess it depends how it's setup.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Ups is the one that contributes money for the pension.
UPS donates a set amount per driver.
Turnover within driver ranks does not increase or decrease pension costs to UPS unless the total number of drivers changes.

Driver's not working but 10 - 20 years, would decrease the amount of payout from the Teamster pension funds.
If there was excess money in pension fund, Teamster officials would take care of the excess.

OptimusPrime

Maybe it's because I'm swing, or maybe my center is in the BOG, but I just shut it off and run business til I'm done. By that time the truck is decent enough, and I follow it the rest of the day. OCS flat out said he didn't care about trace so long as the miles weren't obscene. Also, he said if time allows to show him a jacked up/blown out load, and he was fine with me not running Orion at all.

MC0493

That's how it was for the longest time in my center. ORS even telling me not to use orion in places because it makes you go back and forth across busy roads. Now its all we hear about, trace, miles and orion first stop.