Panel Decisions “On Topic”

rod

Retired 22 years
With that mind set it's not fair higher seniority members pick vacations first every year or get the first pick of a route for bid.

Seniority rules. Damn even @rod understands that and he's been out of UPS since Nixon was president.
Tricky Dick---now there was a piece of work. I am not a crook!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The company deadlocks grievances hoping the grieving employee will give up or die before it's settled.

If they know they've got to pay it they just stall it as long as possible to be jerks and discourage future grievances. But if you owe them it is extracted immediately.

wonder why paying grievance’s in a timely manner has never been negotiated

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
They've got 5 days here once its settled. Then the penalty pay starts weekly per pay period at half your daily guarantee.

It doesnt help get the grievance heard (often labor charges will) and then deadlocked to the state panel (just to sit in committee hold) and then the threat of charges again spurs it on.

It's absolute garbage and when your local allows this to go on it frustrates the membership and discourages them from filing. It makes you a target from some of the good old boys who are part of the club.

But...
the good members will always have to be in the fray. It's in their psychological makeup and often it's from witnessing the legacy left behind by others who faced against the wind and though often downcast didn't give up.

They've got 5 days here once its settled. Then the penalty pay starts weekly per pay period at half your daily guarantee.

It doesnt help get the grievance heard (often labor charges will) and then deadlocked to the state panel (just to sit in committee hold) and then the threat of charges again spurs it on.

It's absolute garbage and when your local allows this to go on it frustrates the membership and discourages them from filing. It makes you a target from some of the good old boys who are part of the club.

But...
the good members will always have to be in the fray. It's in their psychological makeup and often it's from witnessing the legacy left behind by others who faced against the wind and though often downcast didn't give up.
I was at a point frustrated with the whole situation and was like screw it but an older guy was like just keep pushing you have a case and can make a difference for future employees. They can bring on all the retaliation or whatever they want I have a group that’s behind me even if the union and BA aren’t

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I was at a point frustrated with the whole situation and was like screw it but an older guy was like just keep pushing you have a case and can make a difference for future employees. They can bring on all the retaliation or whatever they want I have a group that’s behind me even if the union and BA aren’t
One person can light it up if they persist.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

????

Article 3 Section 7 of the Master.

"All monetary grievance settlements shall be submitted by separate check payable to the grievant or grievant(s) and a copy of the same sent to the Local Union for their records. Such settlements shall be paid within ten (10) working days of the settlement. In addition, any monetary awards based on panel decisions will be made within ten (10) business days of receipt by the Company of the written panel decision."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
????

Article 3 Section 7 of the Master.

"All monetary grievance settlements shall be submitted by separate check payable to the grievant or grievant(s) and a copy of the same sent to the Local Union for their records. Such settlements shall be paid within ten (10) working days of the settlement. In addition, any monetary awards based on panel decisions will be made within ten (10) business days of receipt by the Company of the written panel decision."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

-Bug-
Article 8 Section 1 of the Central Region Supplement:

"Grievance settlements at any step of the grievance procedure shall
be paid within five (5) days of the decision".

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18centralregionsupp.pdf

~Bbbl~™

UnconTROLLed

perfection
. Maybe he meant why does it take 6 months to over a year just to get your Grievance heard....
tenor.gif