Pay question

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Sounds like you are being taken advantage of, to me. Never heard of a PT Air Driver doing that much work to begin with....and if you are delivering ground you are to be paid accordingly.

barnyard

KTM rider
The OP appears to not know what he/she is allowed to deliver as an air exception driver. Air exception drivers can only deliver items that have a 1, 2, or 3 on the label as opposed to the blacked out square. Delivering anything with the blacked out square is a ground package, delivering ground entitles you to ground wages.
The OP needs to speak to his/her shop steward and the steward needs to pressure UPS to hang a FT bid in the building where this is occurring. The OP is clearly doing the work of a FT driver and that position needs to be filled.

Andizzy

Now and again I deliver residential areas. Between 20-30 stops.
Nice. The suit monkeys are using part timers to cut routes and wages. No one sees this? Hello Union?

That’s one of the most frustrating parts Wally. I see 2-3 guys regularly with seniority and no trip daily, while in being pushed work and working daily. Once I complete the 30 in 90 is that when you’re guaranteed 8? At that point can I request my hours?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That’s one of the most frustrating parts Wally. I see 2-3 guys regularly with seniority and no trip daily, while in being pushed work and working daily. Once I complete the 30 in 90 is that when you’re guaranteed 8? At that point can I request my hours?
You part time?

Andizzy

The OP appears to not know what he/she is allowed to deliver as an air exception driver. Air exception drivers can only deliver items that have a 1, 2, or 3 on the label as opposed to the blacked out square. Delivering anything with the blacked out square is a ground package, delivering ground entitles you to ground wages.
The OP needs to speak to his/her shop steward and the steward needs to pressure UPS to hang a FT bid in the building where this is occurring. The OP is clearly doing the work of a FT driver and that position needs to be filled.

Thanks @barnyard yea I’m still new to all of this. I’ve read the contact and skimmed it on many occasions. It’s sad to see how often the contract is neglected. I’m told that I’m a part time employee. On my checks it says current pay 18.75, then all my hours worked at 13.50 they even take my dues at the higher rate

Fastmax

Currently searching for the same answer.. been with UPS for over a year. Passed integrad and my 30 days during Christmas peak.. drove my own route from 10/31/17 - 1/15/18 and was sent back inside to preload. They work me on preload Monday - Friday and then I deliver air on Saturday. There was a day when a driver was on vacation and I delivered ground on my Saturday for $54 an hour. So I would assume my progression has started since I passed my 30 days? How do I earn my full time seniority? I’m just trying to get my 8 hours a day I have worked for.