Peak Dispatching: Pathetic

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not Monday through Friday. UPS has trained me to never make plans Monday through Friday so their brain washing tactics are back firing. Now that I am use to working all night during the week I am now use to it and don't mind staying out and making a few extra bucks.
This sums up most drivers who will make it to the end of thier career with a size able nest egg if they don't spend everything they make.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This sums up most drivers who will make it to the end of thier career with a size able nest egg if they don't spend everything they make.

Just how "comfortable" does a retiree need to be? I will be debt free and will have $200K in my 401k, a $5K/month pension and $1.2K/month SS. I will be eating the good kind of cat food when I retire.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Just how "comfortable" does a retiree need to be? I will be debt free and will have $200K in my 401k, a $5K/month pension and $1.2K/month SS. I will be eating the good kind of cat food when I retire.
Keep counting that money on the table. Get up higher on that horse. Life happens bro. Most of the time just when u think your set..... Just sayin....:devil3:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not Monday through Friday. UPS has trained me to never make plans Monday through Friday so their brain washing tactics are back firing. Now that I am use to working all night during the week I am now use to it and don't mind staying out and making a few extra bucks.
Exactly what the hell you going to do during the week anyway. You get home too late anyway so why not just stay out. Im still going to do the same thing i do every night and go to bed at 1am regardless. Go home and do nothing or stay out at 50 bux an hour. Easy choice really. But then again you got people who cry like lil girls on here if they get home too late or dont get enough sleep every night. Really go home n cry to your mammies lol. :happy-very:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Exactly what the hell you going to do during the week anyway. You get home too late anyway so why not just stay out. Im still going to do the same thing i do every night and go to bed at 1am regardless. Go home and do nothing or stay out at 50 bux an hour. Easy choice really. But then again you got people who cry like lil girls on here if they get home too late or dont get enough sleep every night. Really go home n cry to your mammies lol. :happy-very:
I don't agree with this. :dead:

screamin chicken

i need to start a 401 K, been here since preload, 7 yrs. and now a driver for 15 yrs. man it goes fast, i could have a decent amount. I do have a IRA account though....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i need to start a 401 K, been here since preload, 7 yrs. and now a driver for 15 yrs. man it goes fast, i could have a decent amount. I do have a IRA account though....

401k's rely on two key components----compounding and time; unfortunately, because you have waited so long, you may not be able to take full advantage of these benefits. If it were me I would continue to fully fund my IRA and combine that with my pension for my retirement income.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Two questions.
1. When did you start working
2. Hold old are you

You must have started working at about 10 and you are now about 167. Am I right?
27 years of service driving at UPS. My 401k is maxed with pre tax contributions, I contribute an additional 15 percent post tax. Being single and no kids means putting a bunch of money in my investments.

Pay yourself first is the key.

Keeping stay at home moms satisfied since 1986

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

27 years of service driving at UPS. My 401k is maxed with pre tax contributions, I contribute an additional 15 percent post tax. Being single and no kids means putting a bunch of money in my investments.

Pay yourself first is the key.

IRS rules limit total contributions in 2013 to $17.5K ($23K if 50 or older).

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
In my case it is not limited because I would have to put 50% of my income into the 401k to hit the limit, the limit for pre and post tax contributions is around 50k or something. I will end up contributing almost 35k to my 401k this year.

I save roughly 45% of my income each year.

All about retiring in 3 years at the age of 54.

Going to be great

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Plan Rule: Maximum election across all contribution types (excluding catch-up , OPTION WEEK, ROTH OPTION WEEK) is 40.00%.

Plan Rule: Maximum election across all catch-up contribution types is 35.00%.

So you can contribute up to 75% of your pay? I never realized that.