Pension

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Although I have always been told the company is allowed to move these jobs around the country where they deem They are necessary.

The jobs have always been moved around, usually to areas with high turnover in the PT ranks.

As long as the number of jobs are not diminished.... it's not a contact violation.

Thebrownblob

The above unfortunately combines unrelated facts.

@542thruNthru ,
How can the West be getting 13-14 dollars an hour when the contribution negotiated is only .50 a hour- $20 a week? That is the gross figure, the actual pension amount is only what is left over after the medical is paid.
1691852805379.gif

upschuck

@542thruNthru ,
How can the West be getting 13-14 dollars an hour when the contribution negotiated is only .50 a hour- $20 a week? That is the gross figure, the actual pension amount is only what is left over after the medical is paid.
That would be a 50 cent increase in contributions, I would assume.

Cheesypurpletees

No wonder they get 8K a month pension. Lol
500 hours just earns western teamsters a vested credit.
Based on the formula, 500 hours of service for the year would only accrue around $80 a month of pension benefits. Whereas working the full 2080 hours, is currently around $320-$330 a month

But I agree, the western teamsters pension is very generous

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You may be onto something, but do you know if any other supplements even asked for such language? And be honest here, there has always been things each supplement wanted that another had. Admittedly this is a little bogus, but have we ever seen 7500 full time job creations before?
What’s the story about the 22k other full time jobs???

Trucker Clock

@542thruNthru ,

The contribution did not increase over current levels, maybe I missing something?

My God. You don't know jack:censored2: about what's going on, do you?

Last edited: