Planned routes

Re-Raise

How does your center handle the cutting of routes each week? Does the schedule for the week ever accurately predict the number of routes each day? What do the extra drivers do? Do they show up and see if any driver wants to go home or do the lowest seniority drivers just stay home?

How does your center handle the cutting of routes each week? Does the schedule for the week ever accurately predict the number of routes each day? What do the extra drivers do? Do they show up and see if any driver wants to go home or do the lowest seniority drivers just stay home?
They usually call and ask if you want the day off.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm a cover driver low on the seniority list and I have to call in every day at 7:00 to see if I'm working. They don't offer unpaid days off to senior drivers anymore because people were abusing it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If we have a lot of extra guys due to lack of vacations we will let the bottom guys know there probably won't be enough work for them that week and they can work inside if they are interested.

For other days where we are light we just go down the list asking if guys would like the day. Usually don't have to go very far before we have enough guys interested in taking a dead day.

billerz

They let the senior drivers here take unpaid days off. Some guys here only work 2 days a week. They cut route almost every day, us lower seniority guys work every day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What the hell do you care if someone has used all their paid days off first?

I am senior driver do it doesn't bother me but there have been times in the past where I have put in for a paid day off only to be told that a more senior driver who loved to take dead days also wanted the same paid day off. Had he been forced to use all his days I would have gotten the day off.

Re-Raise

They always put fewer numbers of routes on the schedule than they think we are going to run, so the higher seniority guys never get asked if we want the day off.

I just came back from having two months off for a comp injury and ran my own route for two days before they said I was forced to run a combo route.

I haven't taken an unpaid day in so long that I can't remember the last time. I just would have liked the choice while trying to come back from my surgery.

They always put fewer numbers of routes on the schedule than they think we are going to run, so the higher seniority guys never get asked if we want the day off.

I just came back from having two months off for a comp injury and ran my own route for two days before they said I was forced to run a combo route.

I haven't taken an unpaid day in so long that I can't remember the last time. I just would have liked the choice while trying to come back from my surgery.
They can force you off of your route?