Please dont yell at me tomorrow.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My on-car and center manager did an observation on me yesterday, in which I got beat up pretty good. The main issue they had was I did not use my horn at commercial stops. Now, I could have come here, started a poll or just whined about it in general, but I chose to deal with it myself as there is nothing anyone here can do to address this issue.
For not using your horn?? They must've been maaad the day you got mowed down in the crosswalk and failed to get the name of the driver who hit you!! Moreluck would've gotten up and slapped the guy....twice!

BrownThunder

I guess I'm saying you still have a lot to learn. Besides, Tooner is a driver. Lots more to be harassed about.

Wasn't aware of his position.
I assumed dealing with supervisor pressure would be universal regardless of the position at UPS.

But forgive me, there is still much I need to learn.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My on-car and center manager did an observation on me yesterday, in which I got beat up pretty good. The main issue they had was I did not use my horn at commercial stops. Now, I could have come here, started a poll or just whined about it in general, but I chose to deal with it myself as there is nothing anyone here can do to address this issue.

Its a non-issue.

Per state law (at least here in Oregon) the horn is only to be used as a "warning or emergency device."

For decades now, management has clung to this bizarre fantasy that blaring the horn at each stop will cause our customers to instantaneously drop whatever it is they were doing and come sprinting out to the package car, thereby saving us some ridiculous amount of time and allowing extra work to be added to each route.

My management used to bitch and whine at me everytime they did an OJS because I wasn't blaring the horn at each stop. Now they don't bother any more.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I don't have a lot of patience for pity parties.

The choice is fairly simple-----stand up for yourself or let them walk all over you.

I think you should seriously look in to the retiring thing. Dave.
I will retire when I am prepared.

If I was a bad employee, they should have gotten rid of me years ago. Its not like I just showed up a few days ago.

Funny how you think I should cave because they have a system that does not work. If this were your daughters dilema~ , Would you tell her to give up because she took on a mans job, if she was perfectly capable of it for years, and suddenly it isnt working? Or would you tell her to get advice from others in her field, about how to correct it? If 3 guys did her same job, and could do it no better, would you tell her, give it up? Or would you tell her to get advice on how to make management act? If she came to you and asked for your knowledge and support, would you be as harsh on her as you are on me? Good Lord I hope not.

I work with 35 yr old young good men, who know my route is screwed, and they stick up for me. Each and every time. I dont think I work with one man, who doesnt respect that I work hard, and respect that I never complain, I never whine, I pull my own way, I NEVER ask for help. I am not one of those who has a tirade every day about the fact that they wont get in til 9. I just go and do it. And keep trying to reason with unreasonable people.

So if you think I should give up all I have worked for because of a flaw, in a billion dollar companies system, then you are the one who is screwed up, Not me.

I raised my children while working at this company, and missed a lot doing it. My choice. I am going to make my golden years a little more comfy, by working my butt off a little longer. And in all my years I have never ever had the problems like I have now. I wish I could solve them by blowing my horn a little more. And since I am not an evil person, I hope when you get Orion it goes as perfectly as the rest of your UPS life has. Where everyone is fair, and you think getting beat up over horn use is harsh. You have NO CLUE.
Have a great day. And remember this. Yes I am a woman, yes I do what is mostly considered a mans job. But I have never, and never would ask for preferential treatment. I just ask for fairness. And not to be shoved away for trying to fix something that will only snowball on the next person, who may not have enough time to retire, and is getting shoved out the door. Someone who has always followed the rules, but it dont work anymore, because of a garbage in garbage out situation.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Oh he will reply.
Please do not expect a meaningful reply from someone who has never , and will never ,treat you with respect. You deserve more than the acceptance of a divorced , angry , over the hill , troublemakers respect. He only wants to get to you and rile you up. Just like management. He will never let his true human emotions show on this site on purpose. Like management , he will only berate you. You are loved. You don't need his acceptance.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As I said earlier, you can either suck it up and deal with it or you can grow a pair and stand up for yourself. It's called tough love and is the same advice that I would give to both of my children.