Please dont yell at me tomorrow.

YellowSox

The average driver DOES NOT make more than a FT sup annually. Average driver makes what, $80-ish, a FT sup is making at least $90, unless they're fresh off the boat and have ZERO experience.

I come from one of the biggest hubs out there. Those drivers are averaging over 100k a year. But they are putting in the hours everyday, and only the guys that try to weasel 3 work days a week are the ones making less than that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Did any of them get hit by a car while crossing the street at work?

That's the real question.
Or did anyone ever get hit by a car ....at work, or ever...........Well I did too...But I didnt have to tell ya. But I was a child on a bike. And the lady that hit me left the scene and she was going 70 mph, they assumed by the looks of my bicycle. She got caught, her brother turned her in. I dont know if it hurt, but it sure did when I woke up, in the ambulance. In the hospital for 3 of the longest days of my life, that was a close one.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Or did anyone ever get hit by a car ....at work, or ever...........Well I did too...But I didnt have to tell ya. But I was a child on a bike. And the lady that hit me left the scene and she was going 70 mph, they assumed by the looks of my bicycle. She got caught, her brother turned her in. I dont know if it hurt, but it sure did when I woke up, in the ambulance. In the hospital for 3 of the longest days of my life, that was a close one.
200.gif

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I come from one of the biggest hubs out there. Those drivers are averaging over 100k a year. But they are putting in the hours everyday, and only the guys that try to weasel 3 work days a week are the ones making less than that.

I didn't say it's impossible, but I'd rather spend time wirh my family, over UPS. I'm never going to volunteer for a 60 hour workweek

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

70 mph??? You wouldn't be here to tell us this story if this were indeed true.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Did anyone come on an Internet forum and whine about their job?
I define "whining" as continous, excessive complaining over trivial issues.

Tooner isn't whining. She is justifiably frustrated over the fact that her management team is intentionally setting her up to fail and harassing her over her inability to meet their impossible and pointless expectations in regards to generating an arbitrary ORION compliance metric.

Try to keep up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I see that you hit all of your talking points-----"intentionally setting up to fail", "impossible and pointless expectations" and "arbitrary metric"-----in a single post.

Overpaid Union Thug

What is this form you speak of? I would love to add it to my unsigned circular file outside my center manager's office.
It shows how many miles you were supposed to have and you have to write what you actually ended up with and why you were over if applicable. Many drivers were just ignoring it but now we have to participate. The answers in the "reason" column can be quite entertaining. Hey they asked for it.