Police Brutality & Executions

moreluck

golden ticket member
2pov4ag.jpg

Nimnim

The Nim
Eric Garner did not deserve to die for the fairly minor offense of selling untaxed cigarettes.

You're right, he could have just accepted the citation, stopped selling and gone about his business, but he wasn't cooperative and resisted. Did he deserve to die, no, but his actions lead to the physical altercation which ultimately lead to his death. If he died on the scene I'd be more against the officers, but his existing medical conditions were exacerbated by the officers actions which lead to his death. I can not see any intent on the officers part to kill him, only to detain a person who is breaking the law and resisting.

I could see excessive force charges against the officers sticking. I doubt that's what the
grand jury was presented with though and as such the officer who was charged walked.

As far as departmental discipline, something should be done. I haven't heard if anything has been done as all the news wanted to talk about was the criminal and grand jury. If nothing had been pushed departmentally I'd have to question it and have complaints.

edit: missed a space

moreluck

golden ticket member
You can disagree all you want, but when the marchers in his event chant...."What do we want....dead cops. When do we want it ? "NOW" It sends a message to all nuts out there.

moreluck

golden ticket member
2hgco7s.jpg

"Now let me see if I have this right. The family situation is so unstable, 'Junior' doesn't even know where to send a Father's Day card. There's no guidance or discipline in the home. Junior gets dumped into the education system where he is socially promoted because the overwhelmed school district can't deal with the undisciplined whelp. Junior's major formative influences are 'gangsta' rap videos and a corresponding peer group of gangsta wannabes.

At age 18, Junior is turned loose on society carrying a bad attitude, a broken compass and little respect for authority. Junior gets himself in big trouble with the law and meets dire consequences.

Then, the situational diagnosis is that the police need more training and understanding?

Pardon me for asking, but do you really believe that bull:censored2:?"