Pre-seniority driving question

OptimusPrime

There is no " On Call" status for pkg car drivers in my supplement only feeders. If you are not needed at start time you are off for the day. Check with your business agent. Do not rely on a managers input.

Was sent home this week. Meh. Got my money situation on lock. But then one of our OCS got lippy. "Keep your phone on. If the bottom drops out, be ready to get called in! And don't think about not answering, you will never go home again.". Child please. My phone loses signal and gets wonky once I hit the parking lot. And I am listed as "On Call". Unless you are paying mileage, no way in hell am I showing up for work twice. That's on you and your crap dispatch. And you threaten me with work? Bring it on. Will bring home your horrible split route plus ten packages all over our delivery area 3 hours over.

CaptainObvious

I wonder if they're dicking me around because the storm brought down volume?

That is probably part of it.
I would be curious if I were you, whether they used any seasonal drivers or helpers?

They are laying drivers off here also because of the low volume due to Sandy. Not one peak hire out on road yet here. That has to be a first around here going into November. Like others have said, do what they ask until you make your 30 days. Things should start picking back up by late this week or early next week.

U

uber

They are laying drivers off here also because of the low volume due to Sandy. Not one peak hire out on road yet here. That has to be a first around here going into November. Like others have said, do what they ask until you make your 30 days. Things should start picking back up by late this week or early next week.

Are you on the West Coast too?