Preloaders/unloaders/PT drivers, are/did you work another part time?

Hateworkingaspreload

I've been working as a preloader for half a year now. Looking to become a driver someday but in the meantime, I'm looking for another part time I can do. What are you guys currently doing or have done before you became a driver?

AndUPSER

I currently work part time at UPS and also operate heavy equipment and perform maintenance work at a quarry. Solid job with decent pay but they have terrible health insurance. Started UPS while in high school at the age of 17 and started at the quarry as soon as I finished school.

While working at a quarry may not be possible where you're at, there are plenty of part time jobs out there. Grocery and retail stores are always hiring. And try to look for something flexible. At the quarry, they are very flexible with my schedule due to the fact I save them a bunch of money with health insurance. They will normally let me off if I have the opportunity to double shift at UPS or driver help during peak season.

You're not going to get rich in most cases working two part time jobs, but you can make a solid living if you play your cards right. I'm currently looking at houses to purchase, after saving a very nice chunk of change working two jobs since graduating, contribute 10% to my 401k and also started a Roth IRA. All of this at the young age of 21.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I was lucky enough to work at a UPS store while I was a preloader. They were aware of my schedule and were super flexible. Plus its a super easy job