Production termination!

New Englander

You need to keep your flames to yourself and for that matter your judgements. You don't know me or Red or anyone else on here. You have no idea how we work and I for one resent the innuendo's.

That goes for you as well. Live it, learn it. Perhaps I'll follow your lead.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
That goes for you as well. Live it, learn it. Perhaps I'll follow your lead.
Is that judgements or flames?

Judgements- I said you 'seem' to side with mgt. Is that a judgement? That's my opinion.

Flames- Not in any way did I ever flame you. If you think I did then show it to me and I'll be the first to apologize to you here.

You did however flame Red, so where is your apology? If you can't be man enough to accept and apologize for what you did then you have no call to come after me for ANYTHING!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Judgements- I said you 'seem' to side with mgt. Is that a judgement? That's my opinion.

Flames- Not in any way did I ever flame you. If you think I did then show it to me and I'll be the first to apologize to you here.

You did however flame Red, so where is your apology? If you can't be man enough to accept and apologize for what you did then you have no call to come after me for ANYTHING!

OUCH! There's nothing worse than a woman, telling a man, that he can't be man enough.

New Englander

Daftness? You attacked me as a "runner/gunner" in a degrading manner. In this thread and only a few posts back.

Hey....I'll take your defense. I didn't pass judgement on anyone. It's only my opinion. WOW...amazing how that works. I feel much better now. :naive:

backinbrown

respect my authority
No, since you 'seem' (let me put this in quotes so I can wiggle out of it if the situation seems to fit) to side with mgt point of view most of the time, I asked you, "when are you going into mgt".

What I did say is that some jacka$, that are obviously protected by mgt, need to be terminated. The ones that get away with falisfying records and harrassment etc. Ya know, like you, that ones that cheat the system to get the numbers. The ones that make my job more difficult because I take my lunch/breaks and don't run.

And you can go pound that sand.

AMEN we have alot of i call "newbies" who are so intimidated by management they run their lunches run up driveways take the short cuts i call it TEMP MENTALITY they have a hard time following contract because they think if they dont come in under they will get in trouble, they are scared to stand up for themselves and on certain runs they make it immpossible for the rest of us to meet those stanards, we have at least six people who take there lunch at the end of the day at the building after they put there back in building time in. Tell me that doesnt help there sporh.

Some of us try to tell them the way it should be, take your lunch and breaks and youse your methods, your career will be much longer, you have allready made it you are a teamster now and if you dont slack off and you youse your methods, and do the job the way we should, then when you get back you get back, dont fret the little stuff our job is stressful enough without worrying bout how fast we deliver. And your union will be there to back you.

I am seeing a sad trend of "NEWBIES" coming in and not really caring what the union thinks and they are basicly falling into the hands of management and bieng molded into lunch running, fast driving, driveway running zombies. I try to get so many people to go to our local meeting every month and i have not had alot of success at this.

We all need to be on the same page there might be less of the old "well so and so can do that run faster than you, Keep running your numbers up you will get an atta boy from your sup and more work and i promise a shorter career

New Englander

AMEN we have alot of i call "newbies" who are so intimidated by management they run their lunches run up driveways take the short cuts i call it TEMP MENTALITY they have a hard time following contract because they think if they dont come in under they will get in trouble, they are scared to stand up for themselves and on certain runs they make it immpossible for the rest of us to meet those stanards, we have at least six people who take there lunch at the end of the day at the building after they put there back in building time in. Tell me that doesnt help there sporh.

Okay....I'll tell you. That doesn't help their sporh. How would it? Lunch time is not factored into on road time.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Please don't be a maroon. I run over allowed all the time. Yet I will never worry about being fired for production till mine drops for what ever reason.

Every center has drivers that leave you wondering - "How in the hell do you still have a job?"
I do apologize, i just figured that a company kiss ass like your self was obviously catered to by your management staff!!!!

If your overallowed all the time than my friend you are one of those drivers that obviously can not live up to the reasonable expectations that ups had put on you.

Why is it that you do not worry about production discipline? Is it because you and your boss are really tight like that? He scratches your back and you rub his?:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Daftness? You attacked me as a "runner/gunner" in a degrading manner. In this thread and only a few posts back.

Hey....I'll take your defense. I didn't pass judgement on anyone. It's only my opinion. WOW...amazing how that works. I feel much better now. :naive:
Really, I said that you were a runner and gunner? Well let me go back and look at that. Nope..... didn't say that. In fact here is exactly what I posted, in quotes.

"I don't agree with the first part of your staement. UPS does not get rid of the jackasses that they should get rid of. They are the ones that are in the back pockets of mgt and therefore protected. Runners and gunners."

And I actually kept my prepositions correct. I did not say 'they' in part of the sentence and then 'you' in the same sentence. So no, you don't get to claim that. Was not anywhere near a flame.

As far as the judgements, fair enough. It's your opinion. But don't ever accuse me of not doing my job.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Okay....I'll tell you. That doesn't help their sporh. How would it? Lunch time is not factored into on road time.

I thought once you put in your back in building that was it and you are basicly in and done an hour early, i am misinformed and should check my facts, but what about the rest of the post? no opinion?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Some of us try to tell them the way it should be, take your lunch and breaks and youse your methods, your career will be much longer, you have allready made it you are a teamster now and if you dont slack off and you youse your methods, and do the job the way we should, then when you get back you get back, dont fret the little stuff our job is stressful enough without worrying bout how fast we deliver. And your union will be there to back you.

I am seeing a sad trend of "NEWBIES" coming in and not really caring what the union thinks and they are basicly falling into the hands of management and bieng molded into lunch running, fast driving, driveway running zombies. I try to get so many people to go to our local meeting every month and i have not had alot of success at this.

We all need to be on the same page there might be less of the old "well so and so can do that run faster than you, Keep running your numbers up you will get an atta boy from your sup and more work and i promise a shorter career
It makes a huge difference when you take your lunch.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thank you i thought it did
And you would be right. Anyone that has any concept of what's what would know that if you have to break off during business for lunch, you would lose that lunch time not doing business. So therefore, you would have to make up that time by taking it away from doing resi. Therefore you will be doing resi later. It does affect a SPORH, if you have to double back for ANY part of your rte.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Now you're gonna have people asking how it is that I know this. This is getting deeper and deeper, I think I'm starting to like it.:wink2:
You've been around long enough and pay attention and have been in chat. I have never tried to hide who I am. Unfortunately some people just don't know when to quit.