Putting in My Letter of Intent

UPSGUY72

I also found out I will not be taking a pay cut. If anything I will be getting a raise if I take the job. You negotiate and it could take a couple of weeks before you reach a agreement. talked to a SUP today and she said it took her 3 weeks to negotiate a deal and she told me not to let them intimidate you...

I also found out what one OCS makes and how much of a bonus he got... I know I won't be able to get a number like him but I will be able to get more that I'm making now and buy a good bit...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
according to my center manager you can't work more than 60 hrs they needed someone to help out with the will calls and they wouldn't let drivers do it that would go over 60 hrs...
Someone with more seniority than who did it could file and likely win.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
according to my center manager you can't work more than 60 hrs they needed someone to help out with the will calls and they wouldn't let drivers do it that would go over 60 hrs...
From Nov 30 th. Til at least dec 31 they worked out a deal with the DOT to go to 70 hrs here in New England Or it that for feedahs only !!

UPSGUY72

From Nov 30 th. Til at least dec 31 they worked out a deal with the DOT to go to 70 hrs here in New England Or it that for feedahs only !!

Only feeders I believe. Was talking to a feeder driver today after doing Sat Air and he said he wasn't doing it he did a couple of years ago and didn't like it...

Rainman

Its all good.
I also found out I will not be taking a pay cut. If anything I will be getting a raise if I take the job. You negotiate and it could take a couple of weeks before you reach a agreement. talked to a SUP today and she said it took her 3 weeks to negotiate a deal and she told me not to let them intimidate you...

I also found out what one OCS makes and how much of a bonus he got... I know I won't be able to get a number like him but I will be able to get more that I'm making now and buy a good bit...
You're in the drivers seat, as they have such a hard time finding people to do the job. Go for a minimum 10% increase over what you are currently making. That's what out present on cars did.

Rainman

Its all good.

You're in the drivers seat, as they have such a hard time finding people to do the job. Go for a minimum 10% increase over what you are currently making. That's what out present on cars did.

trickpony1

talked to a SUP today and she said it took her 3 weeks to negotiate a deal and she told me not to let them intimidate you...

.....and you want to become one of "them"?

It would seem to me that if they want you to be one of them that they would be open, upfront and forthright instead of seeing how they can "lowball" you and pay less than reasonable salary.

This should be a warning but, unfortunately, it probably will not be for you.

UPSGUY72

I'm definitely going to ask for for just over 10% more than I'm making now if not a little more. I found out that one on car is making over 40% more a year that I do and that not counting his bonus. But I won't make a offer till they put one on the table after I know about the benefit package, raises, how the bonus program works, etc. As you said they are hurting for SUP no and in my area there are 40 or 50 people in management that could leave at anytime in the next year or two.

I still got to ask some more management people about things. Going to gather as much info as I can about things so i'm prepared when negotiations start.

UPSGUY72

.....and you want to become one of "them"?

It would seem to me that if they want you to be one of them that they would be open, upfront and forthright instead of seeing how they can "lowball" you and pay less than reasonable salary.

This should be a warning but, unfortunately, it probably will not be for you.

They want to see what you would take. Some people would take the first offer. That is why you need to do your research...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Magic word here INTIMIDATE, get ready for alot of that bossman lol.

trickpony1

They want to see what you would take. Some people would take the first offer. That is why you need to do your research...

Am I the only one that sees an element of deceit here?

You seem to be entering into this with a wide eyed, yet blind faith hinging on what you may believe as the "goodness of mankind"

Good luck.