Putting in My Letter of Intent

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Back in 1983 spouses Dad gifted us with 1978 Subaru when we were very broke and poor. I think it had 83,000 on it and we ran that thing to death oil pan plug seated itself to the oil pan at about 183,000 and my husband and I pulled it all apart and replaced the oil pan and the seal. I forgot all about Subaru until you brought it up.

We just had our son husband was in tech school and I was working at a chocolate factory and a small foundry through temp service to pay for classes and bills. Fond memories of when were so very young.
It's amazing how much fun we had with no money when we were young.
I have fond memories.
It's all about being with one another.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Never make an important decision for at least one year after a serious life event. Such as a death or divorce. Give a few more months. The opportunity will still be there if u still want it.

Well, once he goes to the dark side, the only important decision he will be allowed to make is when to quit. Where I'm at, sups don't wipe their rear end without getting prior approval. If this company has shown us anything, it's that ignorance is bliss.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, once he goes to the dark side, the only important decision he will be allowed to make is when to quit. Where I'm at, sups don't wipe their rear end without getting prior approval. If this company has shown us anything, it's that ignorance is bliss.
With you as a prime example?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's amazing how much fun we had with no money when we were young.
I have fond memories.
It's all about being with one another.
My wife and I were the first of our friends to move out and truly be on our own. Not mommy and daddy paying for everything.

To this day everyone still talks about the times we had in that first terrible apartment.

Last edited:

oldandcrabby

My wife and I were the first of our friends to move out and truly be on our home. Not mommy and daddy paying for everything.

To this day everyone still talks about the times we had in that first terrible apartment.

Everyone in the family from the South still brings up that old Subaru.

My Dad's twin brother was killed in work related wreck in 1986. Husband got off work Friday and we loaded up in that Subaru drove through the night all three of us twelve hours south so we could do the funeral.

Husband got off I75 to switch for me to drive anyway long story short about half mile Grandmother's house clutch cable snapped on that little Subaru. Called my cousin to tow us in with his Chevy pickup. Family had to drive husband 125 miles south to Knoxville for parts. He still gets teased about how cousins truck spit out a lil ol foreign car. Fixed the Subaru and did funeral home five days later.

Brownslave688

Everyone in the family from the South still brings up that old Subaru.

My Dad's twin brother was killed in work related wreck in 1986. Husband got off work Friday and we loaded up in that Subaru drove through the night all three of us twelve hours south so we could do the funeral.

Husband got off I75 to switch for me to drive anyway long story short about half mile Grandmother's house clutch cable snapped on that little Subaru. Called my cousin to tow us in with his Chevy pickup. Family had to drive husband 125 miles south to Knoxville for parts. He still gets teased about how cousins truck spit out a lil ol foreign car. Fixed the Subaru and did funeral home five days later.
We need the bad times to appreciate the good times more.

oldandcrabby

Brownslave
Most of my Uncles and Aunts have passed away now Dad's gone too so I really needed to remember about that Subaru thank you so very much for brightening my day today.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Thank you for all the information I know what the DOT says but was curious how UPS handles it. I hope it will not come to that would rather have him under 60 hours for the week.

Son works inside so he called me Monday night and volume was 280,000 as online ordering has been on the uptick he put in a 13 hour day on Monday.

If he only had 4 hours available on Friday, it would be feasible for UPS to ask him to jump if they needed jumpers.

Just depends how many jumpers they need and have available.

Rainman

Its all good.
Got any recommendations on what vehicle to buy? Need 4 wheel drive as he lives in rural area.
Still driving my 94 Ford Explorer. I would recommend another.
If he is buying used, check out a website carcomplaints
It tells you about the problems for each kind of car, each year, about 15 years back. I wish I knew about it years ago.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Absolutely. Letting management make all of the decisions is the key to making bank at this company. Never let common sense and intelligence get in the way of a huge payday.

I always tell the new guys to do what management tells you and you will make a lot of money.

They don't want to hear of a quicker, better or faster way anyway.

oldandcrabby

Still driving my 94 Ford Explorer. I would recommend another.
If he is buying used, check out a website carcomplaints
It tells you about the problems for each kind of car, each year, about 15 years back. I wish I knew about it years ago.

Thank you for the information. I have been keeping him updated on everything that you all advising while I run him to work he is jotting things down. I think he will be a very busy man on carcomplaints on Sat. before shift.

I got to admit running them both to and from work each we have 45 mins. of quality time to discuss things going on each others lives.

Brownslave688

Thank you for the information. I have been keeping him updated on everything that you all advising while I run him to work he is jotting things down. I think he will be a very busy man on carcomplaints on Sat. before shift.

I got to admit running them both to and from work each we have 45 mins. of quality time to discuss things going on each others lives.
My wife would of bought me a new car yesterday if it meant she didn't have to drive.

oldandcrabby

My wife would of bought me a new car yesterday if it meant she didn't have to drive.[/QUOTE[/]

Somehow I have goofed this posting up.
In 2007 when husband was PT for UPS our 97' Cavalier that we bought new died 159,990 miles. We took an income tax return and he fell in love with a 99' Ford Explorer (Eddie Bauer Limited) I think might have been just Limited. I said you have the money buy it. He did drove that for almost a year some young kid rear ended him as he was leaving a restaurant totaled his Explorer. Husband drove it back to the house park it on the driveway and I look at him and said the insurance adjuster is gonna call DOA. His response was no it can be fixed. That is how he wound up in his Jeep Liberty.

Last edited: