Question about driver progression

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by upstatebuckethead, Apr 26, 2014.

1. upstatebuckethead

upstatebuckethead New Member

I was a part time sup who was promoted to a driver position on 4/15/13. I have been with the company for 13 years and they finally let me out of management to give me a driving job. THANK GOD!! My starting rate was 20.25 per hour and I am red circled until my 3 year progression rate exceeds my current rate. My question is will I get the .70 cent raise and receive retro pay or will I get nothing until I reach top pay? The contract says that people who are in progression will receive the raise but it does not say that I will get it now or when I achieve top pay. Does anyone have an answer? I have asked my shop steward and he does not know. Some people say I will get it now and some say I will get it when my progression ends. Somebody educate me on this please
  2. No
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You are red circled which means you will not receive the GWI or retro pay.
  4. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

It's gonna be a long 3 years making the same wage. But, when you hit top pay, it'll be one hell of a raise
  5. When he gets that raise he should max out his 401k.
  6. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Yep, he'd never even notice the "losing" money, it'd just be smaller of a raise
  7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Someone, please explain "red circled". Thanks.
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

"Red circled" means you stay at your current pay rate when you accept a new position until you reach the point in your progression where you will make more.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

Being red circled shouldn't matter. You're a ups employee that had attained seniority before July 31 2013. According to my BA everyone gets it.(70cents) Guess we'll find out about all these raise and progression questions a few short days.
  10. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

You should make the same until your 2 year date then you will get a small bump to $20.75. In contract Article 41.2(c) states
  11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

You spend 3 or 4 years making good money, then 25+ years making top dollar.
  12. jaker

jaker trolling

Wait and see if you get one , why are all these people asking if they get one Just wait and see

When you see guys getting them and you will know then keep your eyes out for it , if you don't get one then well you know you are not

By the way where is my check I wanted it yesterday so I can go buy me some socks
  13. upstatebuckethead

I just do not understand.. people say yes you get the gwi and others say no you do not get it. Where can I find out the facts. I do not want to get screwed over.
  14. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Does 70 cents an hour really matter that much?
  15. Boysie8706

Boysie8706 Member

I'm a pt sup trying to go driving and I'm curious to know how did you do it or what did you say to be released?

Sent using BrownCafe App
  16. Jas85374

Jas85374 Member

You guys should just have to say," Look, you have had my balls in the UPS cookie jar for many years. May I please have them back now?"

Sent using BrownCafe App
  17. upstatebuckethead

I was told that I had to get my college degree and when I finished I would be put into the pool. I got the driving job four months after I got my diploma. The job was in a different city then where I worked but I took it so I can get out of the trap of part time management. Part time management is one of the worst decisions that I have EVER made.
  18. upstatebuckethead

yes it matters...Its money that could help me
  19. jaker

jaker trolling

Really are you PT or FT actually it doesn't matter let do some math

PT 17.50 a week before taxes , FT 28 a week before taxes so does it really matter what could it really help with buying some smokes or Starbucks and if you really need it to help on real issues then you have other problems that .70 is not going to help
  20. Quigley

Quigley Active Member

If you were in progression prior to Aug 1 you get the .70. If that .70 raise is still less then the new rate you get the new rate. If the .70 puts you over the new rate you get the higher rate.