Question about unused vacation

PAUPSER

Two people from my center, one a full-time driver the other a part-time loader both had several weeks of unused vacation. The driver quit after given two weeks notice and the loader was fired for misloads and doesn’t want to come back. The question I have is UPS required to compensate both of them for their unused vacation after their departure from UPS.

PAUPSER

well both are good guys, thats why I care... the "If it doesn't affect you, why do you care" sounds like a UPS management motto

UPSF Peeon

it states in the contract that if you get fired you have to pay back all wages from that calendar year with interest and issue a formal apology to UPS for making the company look bad

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

well both are good guys, thats why I care... the "If it doesn't affect you, why do you care" sounds like a UPS management motto

I have noticed that you like to whine about issues but do little to step up and resolve them. Get off your butt, get a copy of the contract, look through the Table of Contents, find the appropriate article, and go from there.

Here, I'll save you some time---they both will get unused sick or vacation time as part of their final paycheck(s).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UpstateNyUpser you have to be without a doubt the biggest ass**** on here. I am sure you are the pride and joy of your center. If all you do is complain and make smart*** comments about everyone, then why don’t you take your 10,000 + posts and shove them.

I have noticed that you like to whine about issues but do little to step up and resolve them. Get off your butt, get a copy of the contract, look through the Table of Contents, find the appropriate article, and go from there.

Here, I'll save you some time---they both will get unused sick or vacation time as part of their final paycheck(s).

I stand by my initial advice and thank you for your advice. Dave.

Who pissed in your Cheerios ? I didn't see any whining in the OP....wanna point it out? The poster just lined out what happened and asked a question. What's wrong with that, isn't that the partial purpose of this forum? Would getting good info on a subject and passing it on to others not be stepping up and helping to resolve an issue?
Dave, lately you've been awfully caustic to people without apparent justification. Are you trying to earn the reputation that a few of the other posters have tried to pin on you? Personally, I think you are better than this kind of reply.

Braveheart

Two people from my center, one a full-time driver the other a part-time loader both had several weeks of unused vacation. The driver quit after given two weeks notice and the loader was fired for misloads and doesn’t want to come back. The question I have is UPS required to compensate both of them for their unused vacation after their departure from UPS.

They need to file to get their vacations paid to them.

Sick days must be used however.