Questions about transferring to RTD

brown-nosing

But they really can't enforce the commitment. My advice would be to get the training and experience then move over to UPS for better pay and benefits.

I'm thinking in about a year once I've had some experience, I'll start considering where I want to end up. I'm a rookie but so far FedEx has been great to me and I like working for them.

brown-nosing

Get the cdl, quit, get a job driving a dump truck. All I ever see are dump truck drivers just sitting and waiting to dump loads of dirt etc. now that's easy money
My first week at FE I was riding around with a guy that's been here for just under 20 years. He said when he retires that's his exact plan. Stupid easy money.

brown-nosing

Correct. You will be trained.
Also, what are the odds I would transition into this position during peak? I'm assuming that's pretty slim. I still need to get the permit (I've had it before, so not worried about taking the test again). I'm moving out of state in a couple of weeks and just trying to figure out how quickly I should get it. Don't want to miss an open position...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Also, what are the odds I would transition into this position during peak? I'm assuming that's pretty slim. I still need to get the permit (I've had it before, so not worried about taking the test again). I'm moving out of state in a couple of weeks and just trying to figure out how quickly I should get it. Don't want to miss an open position...
You need the permit quickly. I dont remember if you need it beforehand or within 30 days. Seems like if you are transferring to a new state, you wouldn't have it beforehand.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You may have to wait until after Peak. Your current SM probably won't let you go.

brown-nosing

You need the permit quickly. I ding remember if you need it before hand or within 30 days. Seems like if you are transferring to a new state, you wouldn't have it beforehand.
Yeah, so I'll transfer my license ASAP when I move and get the permit done. What about transferring to the position during peak? Probably gonna have to wait until January?

brown-nosing

Are CDL permits state specific? If so, why would you get one now if you are moving out of state in a few weeks?
They are state specific. I'm not planning on getting it until I move. My concern was whether I need to get it as soon as possible or if it could wait until after peak. Trying to figure out when they would want to train me.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Is there a way I can see the in-house open positions outside of work? I'm curious if there is one open right now or not. It wasn't made very clear.
No. You can only look at work. You can only transfer if there is an open position in JCATS. Also, it has to be posted with a waiver and your SM has to sign off on it.

brown-nosing

No. You can only look at work. You can only transfer if there is an open position in JCATS. Also, it has to be posted with a waiver and your SM has to sign off on it.
I'll go in early tomorrow and see what I can do. SM already said he would sign off on it no questions asked. Kind of disappointed I'll be leaving him behind. Great boss.