Really need some help

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Sentry13, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Sentry13

Sentry13 New Member

Hi all, Im in desperate need of some help here. This may sound strange but please hear me out on this.

I applied online for a mechanic position at the earth city MO location on June 6th(yesterday). A gentleman named Mike called me from UPS that night and we discussed the job and if I was still interested after what he had to say. I said I had to discuss the schedule with my wife first since it would be a night shift. We agreed that I would call him back today if I was interested.

here is the problem. I can't remember his last name. The phone number he gave me 314-344-5662 has had a constant busy signal since 8 am today. I can't for the life of me find a way to contact a human being on the phone at earth city so I can reach the guy I spoke to. I really hate to lose this job because he thinks I didn't call him back.

If anyone here can offer any help in some form or another I would be extremely grateful. My only other idea at this point is to drive out there during the day tomorrow and see if anyone will help me.
  2. MobileBA

MobileBA Member

Find a UPS driver in that area and talk to him.
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If it's any consolation I don't know the last names of either of our two mechanics.

Keep calling--if you have a landline there should be a feature that will automatically dial the number for you and let you know when there is a connection. It may be well worth it to take a drive out there.
  4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Upstate is right. Drive out right now and sit and wait til you meet your party. Will show they how interested you are. When I was interviewed, the Center Manager did it.