Recently Terminated--NEED Help

whiskey

I was disqualfied from driving. the main reason: the temp seasonal driver who did the route before me cut every corner known to man and got his SPORH up to almost 19/hr. HE would sheet NDAs late in board and deliver them after commit, so he could run off grounds with airs. He would set up deals with customers so he would not have to leave his car or make backs to docks for pickups. (honest, but at all not good service). He worked breaks and lunches.

I was told that if I did not get the sporh to 18.5/hr I would not make seniority. How could I possibly get sporh that high going about it the right way? Answer: Impossible!

So although the thread author technically was WRONG in his ways, no doubt, there is a definite double standard going on and it will likely never be addressed.

bottom line: you need to make seniority dirty, then ride clean and soak up the 12 hour days instead of desperately trying to hang on to some semblance of a normal job and normal life by cutting corners.
Your bottom line summation is only half baked. You need 30 years on the road to qualify as completely baked.

hdkappler

Hi I was hoping somebody would be able to let me know where I stand. I was fired about 7 business days ago. I had scanned packages away from their delivery points and sheeted them NI, or CL. Most of the time it was with NDA. At businesses were I was familiar with my customers and they gave me the Ok. Then I would bring the packages by some time later that day. I was doing this for a while. I Knew it was wrong but I didn't think I'd get fired for it with no warning or write up.

Eventually some shipper complainned, and Loss Prevention GPS'd a bunch of my deliveries. I admitted everything and explainned to them that anytime I did it, it was understood with the customer. But they didn't care- they said the shipper is the only one who matters and called it Falysification of Documents. So, I was wrong for doing it. I've been with UPS for 8 years driving for 3.5. My record is clean and I didn't have a bulleye from management. I hear Most managers are actually quite surprised they let me go so abruptly. I knew I was wrong but never thought I would lose everything for it.

Does anyone know what the chances of me getting my job back are??
Thanks
:grrr::rolleyes2: i get tired of seeig this thread in brown cafe everynight.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hey kid

You lost your job because you were dishonest, its that simple. And since you can not produce a written instruction telling you to falsify your records from your supervisors, you are all on your own. Dishonesty is one of the cardinal sins at UPS. That and drinking on the job, but most are not stupid enough to do either.

So, to give you a real world answer, you dont have a snowballs chance in hell of getting your job back.

There are some schmucks that have posted that you would or should be able to get the job back. Ask them how it worked out for them when they got canned. As for the rest, they have no experience before a panel and arbitration on this subject. Your chances are ZERO.

Best to you in your next career.

d

UPSviking

That and drinking on the job, but most are not stupid enough to do either.d

How is this for stupid then?:

We recently had an bulk shiptment of Oreo´s come thru and the guy scanning the inbound opened one of the boxes and started eating them while scanning!!?.

Needless to say he is no longer working with UPS.....

over9five

Staff member

We recently had an bulk shiptment of Oreo´s come thru and the guy scanning the inbound opened one of the boxes and started eating them while scanning!!?.

Jeesh, he was hungry. Give him a break!!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

I hope the truck next to him had a bulk shipment of milk.:happy-very:

If you don't go to union meetings already you should start don't miss one tell your story to make a difference for another brother or sister. your B.A. no doubt worked his ASS off to get your JOB back he needs your help remember your the union not him.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A couple of things to ponder....

Those among us without sin are free to cast the first stone.

As a matter of principle, dishonesty ought to be grounds for termination; but principle without compassion or common sense is nothing more than intellectual masturbation.

From my very first day as a driver, I was trained and instructed by my management team to be dishonest.

I was instructed to indicate on my time card that I took an hour lunch when in fact I took none.

I was dispatched with an impossible amount of NDA and instructed to write false times on the peel-off labels in order to avoid service failures.

The "time study" for my route was intentionally rigged by IE to be an hour and a half behind reality in order to create a "standard" that could only be met by working off of the clock.

UPS management has historically lived in a glass house when it comes to the subject of dishonesty; its a bit hypocritical when they choose to throw stones.

I dont condone dishonesty and I know that two wrongs dont make a right. From a moral standpoint, however, there is in my mind a difference between selfish dishonesty for personal gain... versus misguided dishonesty that is committed with the best of intentions.

In life, there are shades of grey.

ZEPHYR

Laurel Mountain
Hi I was hoping somebody would be able to let me know where I stand. I was fired about 7 business days ago. I had scanned packages away from their delivery points and sheeted them NI, or CL. Most of the time it was with NDA. At businesses were I was familiar with my customers and they gave me the Ok. Then I would bring the packages by some time later that day. I was doing this for a while. I Knew it was wrong but I didn't think I'd get fired for it with no warning or write up.

Eventually some shipper complainned, and Loss Prevention GPS'd a bunch of my deliveries. I admitted everything and explainned to them that anytime I did it, it was understood with the customer. But they didn't care- they said the shipper is the only one who matters and called it Falysification of Documents. So, I was wrong for doing it. I've been with UPS for 8 years driving for 3.5. My record is clean and I didn't have a bulleye from management. I hear Most managers are actually quite surprised they let me go so abruptly. I knew I was wrong but never thought I would lose everything for it.

Does anyone know what the chances of me getting my job back are??
Thanks
We have a jackass at our hub with a chip on his shoulder. He has threatened the lives of management and coworkers, pushed a supervisor during one of his refusals to do what he is told, the sup fell backwards on his butt and slid across the floor. Comes and goes as he pleases, wears tennis shoes. He almost lost his job several times but is still with the company. Fight it

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We have a jackass at our hub with a chip on his shoulder. He has threatened the lives of management and coworkers, pushed a supervisor during one of his refusals to do what he is told, the sup fell backwards on his butt and slid across the floor. Comes and goes as he pleases, wears tennis shoes. He almost lost his job several times but is still with the company. Fight it
That's not a jackass, that's a bully that shouldn't be working at U-P-S. There's an 800 number you can call about such a person. This is the type of person that will kill someone one day and blame it on the deceased.

MobileBA

Sorry, good-bye! If I am a custumner and I paid NDA shipping rates I would expect that NDA service level. Your delivery methods regardless of your agreements with your custumners was wrong and dimished the value all our labors to keep and protect our volume.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Sorry, good-bye! If I am a custumner and I paid NDA shipping rates I would expect that NDA service level. Your delivery methods regardless of your agreements with your custumners was wrong and dimished the value all our labors to keep and protect our volume.

What about the management team that tacitly condoned his behavior by over-dispatching and placing the impossible expectations on this driver in the first place? Should they be fired also? Or is the driver the only one here who should be accountable for anything?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
The culture of our beloved company encourages and embraces all kinds of dishonesty while preaching honesty.

How about all those CBT's we must pass monthly? Our AM OMS always reads the correct responses so no one learns a damn thing. If you are taking the test with several others, the OMS will read the answers aloud before everyone is done to hurry things along. Now tell me that the fact that those 100% pass rates mean nothing when an employee is on the hot seat and the old test scores are brought out of the archive and shown back to "prove" that said employee "knew the correct answers". Dishonesty is the UPS path to righteousness. We may not be alone in this regard, but we do foster a culture of it in our workplace.