Recently Terminated--NEED Help

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I'm not saying what Orchid did was right,because it was wrong !! But let us all think back a while before all of the modern day technology!! How many of us sheeted a Next Day Air on paper as a 1150 11;51 11;52 delivery!!!! You guys that have been around before 10;30 commit times remember!!! Clo at 4;59 & so on & so on!! Snowy day,,big hill !!! ni 1 on 2 or 3 stops because we couldn't sheet as a non del att or missed or other reasons like ni 1 cuz we killed that section hours ago and to go back would put us over 9.5 !!!! WE ALL HAVE BEEEN A LITTLE DISHONEST HERE & mngmnt has been too !!! The difference today is the technology can bite us in the ass !! Lets all give him a break because I know that no one on this board is justified in picking up that first stone !!!! Happy New Year Orchid & never forget that Big Brown is watching !!! stay safe !!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm not saying what Orchid did was right,because it was wrong !! But let us all think back a while before all of the modern day technology!! How many of us sheeted a Next Day Air on paper as a 1150 11;51 11;52 delivery!!!! You guys that have been around before 10;30 commit times remember!!! Clo at 4;59 & so on & so on!! Snowy day,,big hill !!! ni 1 on 2 or 3 stops because we couldn't sheet as a non del att or missed or other reasons like ni 1 cuz we killed that section hours ago and to go back would put us over 9.5 !!!! WE ALL HAVE BEEEN A LITTLE DISHONEST HERE & mngmnt has been too !!! The difference today is the technology can bite us in the ass !! Lets all give him a break because I know that no one on this board is justified in picking up that first stone !!!! Happy New Year Orchid & never forget that Big Brown is watching !!! stay safe !!!!
I do believe that you are right, Cove. :happy2:

mva1985

A couple of things to ponder....

Those among us without sin are free to cast the first stone.

As a matter of principle, dishonesty ought to be grounds for termination; but principle without compassion or common sense is nothing more than intellectual masturbation.

From my very first day as a driver, I was trained and instructed by my management team to be dishonest.

I was instructed to indicate on my time card that I took an hour lunch when in fact I took none.

I was dispatched with an impossible amount of NDA and instructed to write false times on the peel-off labels in order to avoid service failures.

The "time study" for my route was intentionally rigged by IE to be an hour and a half behind reality in order to create a "standard" that could only be met by working off of the clock.

UPS management has historically lived in a glass house when it comes to the subject of dishonesty; its a bit hypocritical when they choose to throw stones.

I dont condone dishonesty and I know that two wrongs dont make a right. From a moral standpoint, however, there is in my mind a difference between selfish dishonesty for personal gain... versus misguided dishonesty that is committed with the best of intentions.

In life, there are shades of grey.

Excellent post.

Congrats to the person who got their job back. Now go back and educate your fellow hourly's so they don't make the same mistake(s).

Jetblue

I'm new to this forum, need advise I was terminated 13 months going on arbitration ,accusing me on falsification of records,I never admit and have no idea what was going on.well I was sheeting Nda 2 blocks 3 blocks according to the gps also back at the building when I finish my route not only that something in my aplication I didn't answer leaved in blank and they have motor vehicule records but they discharge me now 16 years after .my record is good at ups no problems or warnings before . I will get a chance need your opinion...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's kind of hard to understand what you are trying to say. It sounds like they fired for you falsification based on sheeting NDA's not at the delivery point so they would not be late and for leaving part of your application blank. I don't get the back at the building part. We need more information.

Jetblue

My English is not too good sorry,I'm trying to explain my best here. Im was terminated 13 months ago for apparently falsification of records scanning and completing Nda according with gps not in front of the building .now I have to go to arbitrarion,when I was in 72 hearing the bring up my aplication I been a driver for 16 years no bad record my aplication was not complete and they using that to prove that im dishonest or liying,please advise?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Hi I was hoping somebody would be able to let me know where I stand. I was fired about 7 business days ago. I had scanned packages away from their delivery points and sheeted them NI, or CL. Most of the time it was with NDA. At businesses were I was familiar with my customers and they gave me the Ok. Then I would bring the packages by some time later that day. I was doing this for a while. I Knew it was wrong but I didn't think I'd get fired for it with no warning or write up.

Eventually some shipper complainned, and Loss Prevention GPS'd a bunch of my deliveries. I admitted everything and explainned to them that anytime I did it, it was understood with the customer. But they didn't care- they said the shipper is the only one who matters and called it Falysification of Documents. So, I was wrong for doing it. I've been with UPS for 8 years driving for 3.5. My record is clean and I didn't have a bulleye from management. I hear Most managers are actually quite surprised they let me go so abruptly. I knew I was wrong but never thought I would lose everything for it.

Does anyone know what the chances of me getting my job back are??
Thanks

LP is right, we work for the shipper, not the consignee
further, everytime you sheeted them NI1/CL, if the shipper called us on it and stated they were open, that's a refund right there

not only did you hurt the reputation of the company, but you potentially put hundreds/thousands of dollars at risk for the company

you'll probably get your job back, but keep up the shady **** and they'll get you permanently next time

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
I have been instructed by the center while riding with a driver supe to DR next day air resi packages that would not be delivered on time. I looked at the driver supe and said call the building and tell em they're gonna be sheeted when I get to the houses not before. Word came back to DR before 10:30 to avoid the service failure. So I told them to send someone else out to DR them because I'm not doing that in my board (nobody could have made it to us in time to sheet the airs to make service) then they replied with. Do the best you can. and i responded request accepted and acknowledged. 4 late airs.

tourists24

I dont know where all of these stories are coming from... but the only time you should sheet a package is at the time of delivery attempt... AT the address you are attempting.... Doing anything else is dishonest and you get what you deserve

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I dont know where all of these stories are coming from... but the only time you should sheet a package is at the time of delivery attempt... AT the address you are attempting.... Doing anything else is dishonest and you get what you deserve
These stories come from drivers who are naive and under pressure to do more than is physically possiable.