Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbsam

Staff member

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So...what about the guy? Can he still use the Lord's name in vain during sex?

On a related note, if I were to offer up a prayer such as, "Oh, God! Please let me get oral/anal tonight..." would that also be blasphemy or just the sin of selfishness? I mean c'mon, it is a prayer of sorts...kinda

You should refrain from offering that prayer in a prison chapel.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

On a related note, if I were to offer up a prayer such as, "Oh, God! Please let me get oral/anal tonight..." would that also be blasphemy or just the sin of selfishness? I mean c'mon, it is a prayer of sorts...kinda

Maybe he's never been laid, or he is such a lousy lover that he can't get a woman to say "Oh,God!!". This is the kind of crap that makes organized religion laughable.

wkmac

Well the bible and the Abrahamic faiths that emerged from it are pretty misogynistic in places so depending on the texts one chooses to privilege....yeah anything is possible.

wkmac

noam chomsky and chris hedges dont believe in god. chris hedges studied divinity at harvard. this devout muslim at my work has interested me in traditional religion again (i personally believe in the message behind star wars and the matrix), so i looked it up, and chris said something like its a way of letting the go of the mind constantly wondering about death.

Chris Hedges in his own words.

newfie

Well I think we can both agree that Dr. Carrier and yourself don't speak the same language.

Yea , I tried to read it but is just too boooring. Do people really speak like that and function normally in life?

Status
Not open for further replies.