Republican Debate Oct. 18, 2011 in Vegas

menotyou

bella amicizia
I think Cain is open to changing it, if need be. He seems to be an honest guy. Haven't seen anything saying otherwise. I still love Ron Paul, but the Cain Train seems to be the best shot. I wish Obama had lived up to his campaign promises. Had he, I would vote for him again. I'm still paying $3.50 a gallon. That alone is BS!!!!

brett636

I think Cain is open to changing it, if need be. He seems to be an honest guy. Haven't seen anything saying otherwise. I still love Ron Paul, but the Cain Train seems to be the best shot. I wish Obama had lived up to his campaign promises. Had he, I would vote for him again. I'm still paying $3.50 a gallon. That alone is BS!!!!

This is not meant as an attack, so don't take it as one. If you had paid better attention to Obama during his campaign he stated he was not upset about the price of gasoline at $3.50 a gallon. He just wasn't comfortable with how fast it got there. Truth be told he wants you paying much more for energy and not just for gasoline. He wants your electricity bill to sky rocket. He will deny you every reasonable means of cost control in the energy market so that you can barely afford to do much more than to stay at home and keep a single room in your house comfortable enough that you aren't freezing to death or suffering from heat stroke. When it comes to energy Obama is all about tearing down your standard of living to lend credence to a debunked science about humans seriously affecting this planet's climate.

klein

Für Meno :)
You know that $3.50 a gallon under Cain will have an additional 9% tax added to it.. making it $3.85 over night.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You know that $3.50 a gallon under Cain will have an additional 9% tax added to it.. making it $3.85 over night.
Don't you read........the 3rd '9' in Cain's plan is already being questioned. It may change.....then that would mean no National Sales Tax......then that would mean all your cyphering is wasted, Jethro!!!

klein

Don't you read........the 3rd '9' in Cain's plan is already being questioned. It may change.....then that would mean no National Sales Tax......then that would mean all your cyphering is wasted, Jethro!!!

I didn't hear anything from Cain last night about changing it.
He mentioned apples and oranges.... that's about it.

Oh yeah, Cain did mention, because of lower corperate taxes, companies could actually lower the costs of goods.

But, in my opinion, if I land a better contract with my hot dog manufacturer, and get them 25 cents cheaper, - you think I'm going to lower my prices ?
Would not even think about it, besides how much more I will profit !

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I didn't hear anything from Cain last night about changing it.
He mentioned apples and oranges.... that's about it.

Oh yeah, Cain did mention, because of lower corperate taxes, companies could actually lower the costs of goods.

But, in my opinion, if I land a better contract with my hot dog manufacturer, and get them 25 cents cheaper, - you think I'm going to lower my prices ?
The debate was last night's news. You've got to keep up with today's news. Things change everyday.....

Lue C Fur

Evil member
This is not meant as an attack, so don't take it as one. If you had paid better attention to Obama during his campaign he stated he was not upset about the price of gasoline at $3.50 a gallon. He just wasn't comfortable with how fast it got there. Truth be told he wants you paying much more for energy and not just for gasoline. He wants your electricity bill to sky rocket. He will deny you every reasonable means of cost control in the energy market so that you can barely afford to do much more than to stay at home and keep a single room in your house comfortable enough that you aren't freezing to death or suffering from heat stroke. When it comes to energy Obama is all about tearing down your standard of living to lend credence to a debunked science about humans seriously affecting this planet's climate.

I remember Glenn Beck pointing that out about how the Messiah wanted energy prices to go up. He wants to force everyone to buy an electric car. The sad thing is that the poor and people on welfare drive gas guzzelers because that is what they can afford so how does that help them?

Lue C Fur

Evil member

Hey Kleenex...we know you hate America, and anything conservative and love Liberal crap and everything TOS...we get it. The price gas would go down because he would open up drilling in America and kick the EPA in the nutz then that 9% on 2.00 gas would be a lot less. And if your lucky we would buy your dirty sand oil too unlike the Messiah and his henchmen.

klein

I remember Glenn Beck pointing that out about how the Messiah wanted energy prices to go up. He wants to force everyone to buy an electric car. The sad thing is that the poor and people on welfare drive gas guzzelers because that is what they can afford so how does that help them?

Actually, even though it might differ in the USA, then the rest of the world, I haven't seen poor people driving a lot of pick-up trucks here.
Quite the opposite, a small 4 cyl rusted out car instead.

Lue C Fur

Evil member

So you admit that your a greedy capitalist then. The OWS idiots should protest you. BAWWAHHHHAHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

klein

Hey Kleenex...we know you hate America, and anything conservative and love Liberal crap and everything TOS...we get it. The price gas would go down because he would open up drilling in America and kick the EPA in the nutz then that 9% on 2.00 gas would be a lot less. And if your lucky we would buy your dirty sand oil too unlike the Messiah and his henchmen.

Oh is that right ? When were you the last time in Canada ?
The worlds second largest oil producer !

Yet, we pay fair market share for our gas... and more expensive then in the US.
I sure hope your calculations are right, and the US will provide subsidized oil prices for all of you (below market price) .

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Oh is that right ? When were you the last time in Canada ?
When was the last time you had a REAL JOB? When was the last time you had a drink?
The worlds second largest oil producer !
Wow!!! Dont break your arm patting your back Kleenex. Hey we have the biggest Army and can kick your ass but so friggin what!!! Hey we have Florida and you have snow. Hey we have baseball, basketball, and the NFL and no one wants to go to Canada to play sports cause your tax is so damn high...but so friggin what...are you getting my point yet?

Yet, we pay fair market share for our gas... and more expensive then in the US.
Ha ha!!! See your country sucks and America is better.
I sure hope your calculations are right, and the US will provide subsidized oil prices for all of you (below market price) .

When more oil is dumped on the market then prices go down...go figure. When no one buys oil and there is a glut in goes down. When oil production is cut back and there is a shortage the price goes up...supply and demand. If we get out of OPEC then oil would be even cheaper and if our GOVT would pull their heads out their ass then we would have a crapload of oil.

Ahhhh...that felt good.:happy-very:

klein

OH great ! Opec decreases or increases oil as they please... to keep prices where they want them to be.
The US produces more, the less Opec will put out. Simple as that.

If you are successful putting $20 a barrel of oil out there for all of the world to share, then I'll give the USA a lot of credit. And even thank them.

Oh yeah, you don't have your VAT tax yet.... add 9% to that soon, and gas will be finally cheaper here !

menotyou

bella amicizia
I paid attention. I just didn't have another choice, in my mind. I liked McCain about 5 years ago. But, he sold out. Palin is a joke to me. Obama was the unknown. I tried 'change'. I didn't like it. At least, not his variety. I live in an area of NY that doesn't benefit from all the power this state produces. I don't have municipal power. I have National Grid. Or, National Greed, as we call them. I don't need to pay more. I pay enough. I don't like this cap and trade crap, though. What is that? A shell game??

BTW, Brett, I like the preface. I didn't take it as one. I appreciate your opinion.:wink2:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Why are you allowed to name call on this board, while the rest of us have to make agreements to stop the same kind of sentencing?

i dont get it.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

again, another c9 making fun of a posters name and yet, no comments from the moderators. Where is the fair and balanced?

Peace.

klein

Lucy is out of range anyways.
He doesn't even get how the free market works.

He believes if for example the Wheat production in Canada, Russia, and Austrailia would be wiped out because of some draught or plague, Wheat price in the US would be a 10th of the price then anywhere else, because the US still has it available.

Under his assumption, there is no world market price for anything, including oil.

Hint to Lucy : Vote next time for the communist party, and then you'll be right on !

Lue C Fur

Evil member
again, another c9 making fun of a posters name and yet, no comments from the moderators. Where is the fair and balanced?

Peace.

Really? So are you going to be civil now? What a shocker!!! Ok, im sorry Klein for calling you Kleenex...just remember that im the Devil and not Lucy.:happy-very:

And TOS...its up to 11 now not 9 so its C-11 if you need help.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The debate was actually quite good. Cains 999 plan was finally exposed by the other candidates and hopefully gave people some insight into how it will HURT them. Santorum said it best with FACTS. He said that 84% of middle americans will have their taxes RAISED under 999. That means most of us at UPS! Bachman, besides being a kook, put a professional spin on 999 with her experience as a tax attorney, and she agrees, taxes on the middle class will go up and the tax rate will have to be raised because of revenue shortfalls.

CAIN was stuck in park trying to defend 999 (because he cant) and NEWT pointed that out. CAIN, (whos behind the scenes people created the 999) didnt know how to explain 999 other than to re-direct people to his website. Bachman explained in detail how the 999 will contain hidden taxes and CAIN demonstrated that he didnt understand what she was talking bout. CAIN tries to make jokes when hes stuck on an issue and that just doesnt fly in national politics. Either way, CAIN showed why he isnt quite ready for primetime.

Newt looked good and was more controlled than ever, but I dont think he reasonates with the GOP anymore.

Santorum looks like a bully and too far to the religious right for comfort.

Perry, well, lets just say he looked like Bush and that speaks for itself.

Ron Paul is the probably the smartest guy in the room. His ideas for cuts are real, he is not afraid to make the cuts that would be necessary. The problem with Paul is that he is TOO SMART for the GOP to handle. PAUL doesnt speak to the typical GOP follower who likes to hear talking points and talking points only.

PAULS defense of the OWS people was spot on. The others, went for the political talking points because thats what the audience wants to hear.

The GOP base only wants to hear what it wants to hear. That happens to be TALKING POINTS. PAUL doesnt speak in that language and that makes him unattractive to the typical person who calls themself a republican.

Bachman, other than her position on 999, sounded desperate and can never answer a direct question no matter how many times shes asked and redirected to the question. I dont expect her to last another month.

Romney, who decided to show how he can lose control by placing his arm on perrys shoulder on several occassions, looked silly. Placing his arm on Perry shows he has a lack of control. Its a subconscience reaction to touch the other person when you are angry and Romney showed he was angry.

The exchanges were goofy and Romneys biggest problem is being a flip flopper on issues. Despite being the most experienced, Romney is NEVER going to get the GOP nomination. If he ran as an independent candidate, he would win, but as a GOP candidate, he wont beat OBAMA.

At the end of the day, all of the candidates looked silly on stage.

Peace.
Being the open minded person I am I actually agree with you. I missed the first hour, but I agree the 999 plan needs some help, BUT, he recognizes that something needs to be done with the current tax code. That to me is #1.
I still support him becausde so far he is the only one who addresses that, although I hear Perry is coming out with a plan which includes a flat tax, but the present tax code must be null and void. for any plan to win.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And I might add about the price of gas. If you are poor, and been there done it. So what if you have a gas guzzler, you cant get a car loan and pay 400 bucks a month, so you put it in your tank. I had a buick 225 but I only drove 30 miles a week to work....for the week, so it was better than a payment, but the cash for clunkers hurt the poor more than anyone.
ps I could not have ever voted for Obama, even when I knew nothing of politics. he was and still is a snake in the fricking grass. And he so needs to go. I would vote for Lassie first. Or anyone but obama, and fortunately I have a lot of people on my side.