Rewards for Special Favors (off topic)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you actually take care of the customers they are way more inclined to tip. Last year I probably made around 80 bucks in tips. Some I split with my helper when he was with me. Believe it or not people, UPS is supposed to be about quality not quantity, now freaking get it all 99 percet of you UPS drivers.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1449240686.262504.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Oh yeah and also i also had this signature stop and this guy mentioned that it wouldn't be the holidays without alcohol. So I asked, what did you order and he proceeded to say oh just some wine from my winery in California, then he asked if I wanted a bottle. I said sure and he grabbed one out of the fridge and told me to let it sit out for 20-30 minutes because it was in his fridge because his wine cellar was full. Not bad for my first peak season on the road :P
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1449240754.308298.jpg

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
I don't accept gifts or do favors, during the holidays or otherwise. Much like when I got on this route I had customers calling the old driver to contact me about getting their packages at certain times or coming back to do pickups. I informed the previous driver that I don't do favors or give special treatment to people so they can avoid paying for a service we offer in exchange for money or gifts, seems unethical and compromises my integrity. I prefer to live my life simple and clean, same goes for work.

That's what I was thinking two years ago when a customer tried to give me some money on Christams Eve. I tried to refuse on ethical grounds. However that didn't sit well with the customer. He walked up to the truck where the driver was waiting and then stops, thinks it over a bit. Then just throws the money into the truck. At this point the driver was laughing pretty good when he realized what had just happened. As we were driving off, the driver told me that it is better to not refuse as some of the customers consider it an insult. He also said that the company doesn't say anything about it one way or the other and so he doesn't mind. So now I just take the money and give it to the driver.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
He holds a gummy bear treat on his nose until he's told he can have it. Then he flips it up in the air and catches it in his mouth. The giver then scratches him behind the ear calling him a good boy and he goes about his business.
You're too easy to please.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's what I was thinking two years ago when a customer tried to give me some money on Christams Eve. I tried to refuse on ethical grounds. However that didn't sit well with the customer. He walked up to the truck where the driver was waiting and then stops, thinks it over a bit. Then just throws the money into the truck. At this point the driver was laughing pretty good when he realized what had just happened. As we were driving off, the driver told me that it is better to not refuse as some of the customers consider it an insult. He also said that the company doesn't say anything about it one way or the other and so he doesn't mind. So now I just take the money and give it to the driver.

Actually the company gives us a PCM before Peak starts stating that we are not allowed to accept tips knowing full well that we will continue to do so.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Actually the company gives us a PCM before Peak starts stating that we are not allowed to accept tips knowing full well that we will continue to do so.

I guess that driver was not aware of it then. He was a by the book driver. Or perhaps maybe he didn't bother to read it.

Rack em

Made the Podium
We have a driver who delivers to both David Letterman's place and the CEO of I believe goldman and sachs (in the mountains in Montana). They get :censored2: delivered to their places almost every day and its a 40 mile trip ONE WAY. He ends up getting a very generous xmas tip every year

wornoutupser

I have a rural run and tips are highly appreciated!
I have flooding issues from time to time and many customers call to meet me for their packages. We have never had a word about nxda and only deliver to the address on the label. I meet customers on the road all the time!