screwed over again and again

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I have a serious medical condition and am unable of finding employment anywhere else
If I were a betting man, my intuition would tell me that ups knows about your medical condition and don't want to rehire you because of the liability. Open up that mind son and think about it. If you really have a medical condition that permits you from working your probably eligible for permanent disability through the state. STORY SMELLS LIL FISHY lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My question is...what did you do from January...when they let you go, until August when you reapplied....in 7 months, you couldn't find other employment? No offense...but what type of medical condition requires you to only play with boxes??

upschuck

What did you do to your previous sup? If you were a good worker you would have not been put on the "do not rehire" list, and if HR agrees with them, if is certainly appropriate. HR can not deny you a job because of a disability, if you can do the job. I have heard HR and FT sups go after each other in disagreements.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
part of the new entitlement generation. I can make more than 10 bucks an hour picking up cans along the road.

or you are better suited for one of those people that hang out on the off ramps with the sign 'anything helps, god bless."

get a rescue dog. you'll get more "donations"

[
What did you do to your previous sup? If you were a good worker you would have not been put on the "do not rehire" list, and if HR agrees with them, if is certainly appropriate. HR can not deny you a job because of a disability, if you can do the job. I have heard HR and FT sups go after each other in disagreements.
I worked the debag section . i had to empty out those heavy bags all day night long. those dirty bags. i worked harder then everyone else there. worked circles around people worked 12 hours xmax eve. worked full time all through holidays. this is why im upset. i worked the hardest job in there and did my very best. everyone else there way lazy and talked the whole time and did the bare minimum while i did as much as possible.

my condition is I'm kind of autistic

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
[

I worked the debag section . i had to empty out those heavy bags all day night long. those dirty bags. i worked harder then everyone else there. worked circles around people worked 12 hours xmax eve. worked full time all through holidays. this is why im upset. i worked the hardest job in there and did my very best. everyone else there way lazy and talked the whole time and did the bare minimum while i did as much as possible.

Don't let your autism hold you back. Move on and find something better.
Good luck!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I have a nephew with fairly severe autism. He will never be able to live on his own.

I don't really understand what you mean by "kind of autistic."

Was UPS aware of your condition when you were hired?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
[

Okay...I can understand you maybe have trouble with customers...but what about stocking produce or shelves in a grocery store or a big retail store like costco or Wal-Mart or something like that?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Okay...I can understand you maybe have trouble with customers...but what about stocking produce or shelves in a grocery store or a big retail store like costco or Wal-Mart or something like that?

Actually, emptying and sorting bags could be an ideal job for him. If the company put him on the no-rehire list because they knew, there could be hell to pay for someone.