Seniority Part Timers Employees Got Screwed Again on Tentative contract!!!

It was quite obvious to most everyone that Sean was reaching out to Amazon warehouse employees during his rallies as Amazon is the next big target for the Teamsters.

Do you think this contract helped or hurt those organizing efforts?
To most everyone? You mean when he called them out by name and overtly stated he intended to show 500k Amazon emplpyees what they can get by going union? Great detective work.

Yayyyy!!! 😏
If you want more pay, take on more responsibility and work more hours as a full time worker. People comparing 21 here to 20 at fast food joints aren’t taking into account how much the insurance is worth here. I’m a full time worker who’s been laid off for months now because of this contract stuff. I think people willing to keep pushing it for a few dollars more is pretty damn greedy. It’s a solid contract

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
If you want more pay, take on more responsibility and work more hours as a full time worker. People comparing 21 here to 20 at fast food joints aren’t taking into account how much the insurance is worth here. I’m a full time worker who’s been laid off for months now because of this contract stuff. I think people willing to keep pushing it for a few dollars more is pretty damn greedy. It’s a solid contract
I have enough responsibilities. It's about equality as they said, there's none.

Dinky

So if I’ve been there 2 years as part timer and am at 17.50, I get the 21 automatically. New hires too? Or is there something else for those that have been there a couple years?

HarryWarden

It was quite obvious to most everyone that Sean was reaching out to Amazon warehouse employees during his rallies as Amazon is the next big target for the Teamsters.

I don’t think it will sway Amazon workers much to be honest. We still have the best deal in the business with benefits, but they’ll just see $21 an hour starting wage and think “I’m already getting paid that anyways”

Dulce Bombón

So if I’ve been there 2 years as part timer and am at 17.50, I get the 21 automatically. New hires too? Or is there something else for those that have been there a couple years?
Asked Sean O'Brien his the genius in this contract. Equality my foot!!

The Range

In too deep
If we're getting 2.75 +1.50 but they are removing the MRA, we're going nowhere. The excerpt release in relation to MRA suggests we will "keep" the MRA + raises. It will be important to see how MRA is dealt with. Often, different shifts have different rates with MRA. Are half a buildings employees getting red-circled at their MRA rate while the other half are permanently behind? Let's see..

Dulce Bombón

O'Brien cares about his share, new hires, new union members, expect a raised on that and don't forget every years they raised our contribution, there goes our raised, remember my words.

Number-Nine

So. All new PT hires are getting $21?

Current employees get bumped from $21 + $2.75 + (up to) $1.50?

Seems pretty fair.

However, current employees who have been there for 8-10 years and someone who made seniority yesterday would nearly be making the same amount with the difference being how much of that $1.50 they receive. Do I have that right or am I missing something?