Seniority Part Timers Employees Got Screwed Again on Tentative contract!!!

R1wonder

You’ll go to 21 cuz that’s the base pay now . Plus 2.75 Raise . Plus that’s dollar 50
However that works . And you’re gonna get contract raises . Anyone hired after a contract ratifies doesn’t get contract raises . When I started I got 50 cents a year on my seniority date . Idk how that works now. But you can be above 30 an hour by the end of this contract . Pretty damn good . I started at 8.50 and went to 9. Then 9.50 then 10. Then I took the sort test and got a dollar for the skill .. . So like 5 years in I’m only around 13… then entered a contract . . You all act like they have to pay you these raises, we all started at a lower rate that’s the way the world is . Minimum wage is gone up more than double in the last 20 years

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So new hires go immediately $21 an hour, an existing employees at $16.20, too? Meaning a jump of $4.80 increased. Seniority Employees get $2.75, it's that equality? Union focused on new hires, and with the possibility of those join the union to get a profit of it. This is not a clear contract, 7.50 an hour increment to the length of the contract. So new hires get what, all those existing employees with 16.20 an hour get what after the first year, they will bump to 21, already. They received bonuses for the last two years on pick season, seniority Part Timers people None! It's this equality?

We Seniority Part Timers Employees, feeling like we working for free all this years, no respect. We skilled employees, getting underpaid, and new hires stepping out unskilled. That's so disrespectful.

This is an insult to our intelligence. There's no Win, Win, Win, Carol!!

This tentative contract sucks again, no equality, only greed, manipulation, and publicity.

I saw unloaders almost passing out on the hub, little fans on their doors, what happens with retirees in this contract? Something is not right. We can't vote Yes, to this crappy contract.

To bad part timers don’t vote you could have anything you want

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
All black women are angry
Screenshot_20230725_181148_Chrome.jpg

MattM

What does a 25 year veteran ft driver make versus one who just finished their 4 year progression? That difference may be comparable to what we see now with 10-15 year veterans now making just $1.50 to $5 more than new hires. They’re catering to the new hires for retention sake it seems. Instead of a four year progression to top rate, the bonus is all front loaded. Buyer beware.

Pullman Brown

So new hires go immediately $21 an hour, an existing employees at $16.20, too? Meaning a jump of $4.80 increased. Seniority Employees get $2.75, it's that equality? Union focused on new hires, and with the possibility of those join the union to get a profit of it. This is not a clear contract, 7.50 an hour increment to the length of the contract. So new hires get what, all those existing employees with 16.20 an hour get what after the first year, they will bump to 21, already. They received bonuses for the last two years on pick season, seniority Part Timers people None! It's this equality?

We Seniority Part Timers Employees, feeling like we working for free all this years, no respect. We skilled employees, getting underpaid, and new hires stepping out unskilled. That's so disrespectful.

This is an insult to our intelligence. There's no Win, Win, Win, Carol!!

This tentative contract sucks again, no equality, only greed, manipulation, and publicity.

I saw unloaders almost passing out on the hub, little fans on their doors, what happens with retirees in this contract? Something is not right. We can't vote Yes, to this crappy contract.
giphy.gif

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
What does a 25 year veteran ft driver make versus one who just finished their 4 year progression? That difference may be comparable to what we see now with 10-15 year veterans now making just $1.50 to $5 more than new hires. They’re catering to the new hires for retention sake it seems. Instead of a four year progression to top rate, the bonus is all front loaded. Buyer beware.
You get your route; he gets whatever is given to him

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Their hourly wages are the same----the only difference is the number of vacations weeks.